Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First the hostesses, now the tea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"We have removed tea and coffee as a free offering after it scored low on members' overall feedback in terms of importance. Historically this service was provided free of charge by the club, but was never part of the original 1901 Club package. "

Has Barber gone too far this time? There are lines you don't cross; could this be his "Khan family" moment?

#FreeTheTea
#Prayfror1901

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
"We have removed tea and coffee as a free offering after it scored low on members' overall feedback in terms of importance. Historically this service was provided free of charge by the club, but was never part of the original 1901 Club package. "

Has Barber gone too far this time? There are lines you don't cross; could this be his "Khan family" moment?

#FreeTheTea
#Prayfror1901

Hmm, can't remember being asked? Not overly bothered TBH, but it does seem a little stingy on the back of the ticket increase.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm going to try and STEEL tea on Tuesday

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tea is one on those things that can't cost much to provide anyway.

Must have been very expensive tea, not that I'd noticed

" With the significant saving across the season this has been reinvested into the various improvements to the benefit of all members throughout the lounges."

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Similar to Sainsbury's removing their Price Match / cashback as a result of 'customer feedback'. "We want to concentrate on lowering prices." Yer, right.

They expected us to believe that customers didn't want it??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You just made that up, right?

If not, Barber has either lost the plot completely or is softening us up for further major cost cutting measures, probably in the form of withdrawal of the transport subsidy.

Don't really matter either way. Withdrawing beverages and/or kiddies lounges and/or travel subsidies won't even be a drop in the ocean on the club's reported losses of £1.5M a month. Only promotion to the Premier League will make the club's business model workable. The pips have just about been squeezed dry on the 25K Amex punters. Little more in the way of savings to be gained there IMHO. Next step has to be a further major cash injection, either by TB or by somebody else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reminds me of the letter I have in front of me from Scottish Power:
"I fully appreciate that you want a resolution to your complaint as quickly as possible and that on this occasion it is taking a little longer to fix your issue. Our customer satisfaction surveys indicate many customers would rather wait a little longer to ensure their enquiry is fully resolved."

****ing idiots. Of course we'd like the enquiry fully resolved, otherwise it's not ****ing resolved is it!

"Our customers said they'd rather pay a little more than keep paying the same but have their electricity cut off" :rolleyes:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
First they came for the hostesses and I said nothing
Then they came for the tea and coffee and I did nothing
Then they came for the free friendly pre season games and I gave them £15.90 to see us lose 1-0

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

If not, Barber has either lost the plot completely or is softening us up for further major cost cutting measures, probably in the form of withdrawal of the transport subsidy.

Don't really matter either way. Withdrawing beverages and/or kiddies lounges and/or travel subsidies won't even be a drop in the ocean on the club's reported losses of £1.5M a month. Only promotion to the Premier League will make the club's business model workable. The pips have just about been squeezed dry on the 25K Amex punters. Little more in the way of savings to be gained there IMHO. Next step has to be a further major cash injection, either by TB or by somebody else.

We better do well in the league otherwise the losses will mount up, it's ok gauging people for every penny when you're doing well, not so good if the team is shit

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Pathetic. Continually chipping away at the match day experience to save two bob. Mrs MP won't be pleased. Shame they don't have the decency to announce these changes before they get you to sign up.

A little more of the love dies.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Wait for it - charging for the loos is next on his agenda! Pay to get in the ground, pay for your programme, pay to go in a bar, pay for your drinks, pay to let them out, pay for the air you breath ............
The guy owning the pier at Eastbourne has apparntly banned people for taking on their own food and drinks - whatever next for the Amex?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Getting a cheaper CEO would save a couple of bob, what's he on £450k+?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Getting a cheaper CEO would save a couple of bob, what's he on £450k+?

I'd say 250 but even at 450 its worth the money,OR how about not wasting upto 40k a week on wages for a striker we still feel is not the "chosen" one.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Look after some of the performances at the Amex I need a cup of tea to get over it - I don't want to have to start paying for the privilege !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here