Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can anybody get away with this

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
dig.jpg

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14664280.Travellers_use_digger_to_access_city_park/?ref=mr&lp=9

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You mean, how can the Argus get away with such a crap website?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought this would be about the free tea.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Park your legally bought and taxed car for 5 mins on a road you paid tax to drive on and within minutes you will be charged £35 for doing so.

Rip down fences bulldoze posts and mounds to illegally camp on a public or private space for days ruining the grass and leave crap and rubble from your untaxed work and the council can't do anything ....

Britain 2016

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Park your legally bought and taxed car for 5 mins on a road you paid tax to drive on and within minutes you will be charged £35 for doing so.

Rip down fences bulldoze posts and mounds to illegally camp on a public or private space for days ruining the grass and leave crap and rubble from your untaxed work and the council can't do anything ....

Britain 2016
I just don't understand why nothing is done about it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Makes me sick. Volunteers put a lot of effort into maintaining these areas.

Why can't cctv be used for criminal damage for that twatt who used that digger to plough through the hedges? Why can't residents film it and use that as evidence ?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I just don't understand why nothing is done about it.
It's the old story they only ever tax or get money out of people who are decent and will pay.

It's a bit like the Jimmys thread - how did they get away without paying bus rates - we've always paid our rates - last year I paid it in full in advance coz I thought it was low because of the rebates they gave out that year. This year it's 10 times that amount so we are paying it each month and in reality it's in advance because if we moved out from that point it wouldn't be owed- so just one week after its due I've had 2 threatening letters of legal action and the loss of the benefit of paying monthly because my payment hasn't been allocated yet!!! How the f can you take someone to court for money they don't actually owe yet because as I say the bill is for to the end of Mar 2017!!

So in my case they waste my money threatening action even though I always pay that month and my history shows it within days of it being "late" but someone owing £200k can trade for 2 years without paying !!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the old story they only ever tax or get money out of people who are decent and will pay.
But I'm not talking about money and tax. It seems nearly everyone is against the lawlessness that some groups of travelers exhibit, so why doesn't a political party see it as a way of winning votes? I'm not talking about the concept of travelers moving around and camping, but things like stealing electricity when they do so etc.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
But I'm not talking about money and tax. It seems nearly everyone is against the lawlessness that some groups of travelers exhibit, so why doesn't a political party see it as a way of winning votes? I'm not talking about the concept of travelers moving around and camping, but things like stealing electricity when they do so etc.

But how will you get a fine or penalty out of them - if you take away the caravan you punish the whole family - you need to get a strong politician to stand up to the flak when the children are homeless because of the punishment etc

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But how will you get a fine or penalty out of them - if you take away the caravan you punish the whole family - you need to get a strong politician to stand up to the flak when the children are homeless because of the punishment etc
I've not spent any time thinking of the options, but no doubt there will be plenty.

It's a bit like the Jimmys thread - how did they get away without paying bus rates - we've always paid our rates - last year I paid it in full in advance coz I thought it was low because of the rebates they gave out that year. This year it's 10 times that amount so we are paying it each month and in reality it's in advance because if we moved out from that point it wouldn't be owed- so just one week after its due I've had 2 threatening letters of legal action and the loss of the benefit of paying monthly because my payment hasn't been allocated yet!!! How the f can you take someone to court for money they don't actually owe yet because as I say the bill is for to the end of Mar 2017!!

So in my case they waste my money threatening action even though I always pay that month and my history shows it within days of it being "late" but someone owing £200k can trade for 2 years without paying !!!
What the heck are bus rates?

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
Not always mate,when the pikeys got into a field next to our job the farmer came and offered the gf £300 to borrow the digger and driver for 10 minutes(I was operating the digger)Tracked over to the hole they'd made and waited.The farmer then told the pikeys they had 30 minutes to rap up and feck off or they would be blocked in.After a load of gob from the pikeys the farmer told me to start digging and make the bund.
One scoop from the digger(25TCat)did the trick.Gone in 10.
To be honest me guvner would have done it for nothing just to save the diesel and the like,got £150 for me time:)
So the moral of the story is,they make a hole and you make a bigger plug,soon fecks em off:rave:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not always mate,when the pikeys got into a field next to our job the farmer came and offered the gf £300 to borrow the digger and driver for 10 minutes(I was operating the digger)Tracked over to the hole they'd made and waited.The farmer then told the pikeys they had 30 minutes to rap up and feck off or they would be blocked in.After a load of gob from the pikeys the farmer told me to start digging and make the bund.
One scoop from the digger(25TCat)did the trick.Gone in 10.
To be honest me guvner would have done it for nothing just to save the diesel and the like,got £150 for me time:)
So the moral of the story is,they make a hole and you make a bigger plug,soon fecks em off:rave:

Nice anecdote and most fortunate that plod weren't around to feel your collar on a trumped up charge .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here