Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plea to Hughton - Bruno

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Please please Chris don't start Bruno in central defence today. It is a completely unnatural position for him and we lose all his creativity down the right hand side which was key in so many games last year. I'd rather start Hall there who has a bit of Scottish Premiership experience or look at other alternatives than waste Bruno's talent.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm very worried about it myself. Bruno is poor with his head and lacks height.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing Bruno at CB today is the only realistic choice CH has got. If at any time the game is 'safe' it would be good for young Hall to get some game time, but a huge risk to start with him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Am i right in thinking Goldson looks set to miss at least another week which could be 3 home games on the bounce?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Please please Chris don't start Bruno in central defence today. It is a completely unnatural position for him and we lose all his creativity down the right hand side which was key in so many games last year. I'd rather start Hall there who has a bit of Scottish Premiership experience or look at other alternatives than waste Bruno's talent.

I'm not sure Hall is better than either Ben White or Dallison, who I thought would have been recalled.

I don't see we have a better choice than Bruno. The key will be for Dunk to stay in position and not go wandering like he normally does, hopefully Bruno can talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not sure Hall is better than either Ben White or Dallison, who I thought would have been recalled.

I don't see we have a better choice than Bruno. The key will be for Dunk to stay in position and not go wandering like he normally does, hopefully Bruno can talk to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly...and let's face it ..if it was going to be Hall he would have played last Sunday

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Don't panic guys - we won't go 22 games unbeaten this season - I guarantee it. Bruno will certainly play in central defence. What you are asking for is an experiment on the first day of the season with Hall - at a very difficult place. I expect to get nothing today - a point would be a bonus - and we are already level with "unbeatable" Newcastle, with a game in hand ! A long season of twists and turns - do I wish we were safer at the back today - yes - do I wish Hall would start - absolutely no.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In an ideal world that isnt good enough it should have been sorted yesterday. 3 points lost today could be the decider at the end of the season with Derby also being a promotion contender.

I wonder if Hughton has weighed up the options of where we are with our CB targets, how fit Uwe and Goldson are, the strengths of Bruno at CB and decided on the right thing to do given that 3 points are at stake. And i wonder if he even remembers how we missed out last season purely on goal difference and how Derby will probably be up there in the top 6.
I wonder. ??

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In an ideal world that isnt good enough it should have been sorted yesterday. 3 points lost today could be the decider at the end of the season with Derby also being a promotion contender. In fairness to CH he did say it may not be sorted until end of August.

I partly see what your saying but in all honesty there is no point buying a player the CH doesn't want just so he can play V Derby. We obviously have targets in mind but currently they haven't come off. It's the same for a lot of clubs especially in the Chanpionship. We just have to sit and wait to see what's available after the PL riches have stocked their squad with who they want and have told players they won't be in their PL squads for the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here