Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The annual "Why don't we have a Straight Pride?" thread?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't see the 2016 version of this anywhere.

Have I missed it, or has the penny actually dropped now?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Because it's ok to be gay Edna.

13920587_1086450264776685_6076148560351582922_n.jpg

Huzzah!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm saving that for when some of your little Croydon friends come on here and start giving it the "We scored three, they scored one...." song.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think Pride has now largely been hijacked by the straights anyway. In my experience rather than a serious expression of diversity or positive impression towards the LGBT and Trans community its now just an excuse for feral alcohol and drug fuelled excess, Its bloody horrible and I know many locals feel the same way and avoid the city this weekend.

It seems its ok this weekend to do whatever the hell you like regardless of the law and the police are instructed to turn a blind eye, wear rainbow laces and just accept the increase in drug dealing, drunken idiots, serious assaults and sex offences. But hey if thats your thing then your welcome, come to Brighton get yourself w.ankered and leave the city looking like a sh.ithole at 6am the following morning.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Pride has now largely been hijacked by the straights anyway. In my experience rather than a serious expression of diversity or positive impression towards the LGBT and Trans community its now just an excuse for feral alcohol and drug fuelled excess, Its bloody horrible and I know many locals feel the same way and avoid the city this weekend.

It seems its ok this weekend to do whatever the hell you like regardless of the law and the police are instructed to turn a blind eye, wear rainbow laces and just accept the increase in drug dealing, drunken idiots, serious assaults and sex offences. But hey if thats your thing then your welcome, come to Brighton get yourself w.ankered and leave the city looking like a sh.ithole at 6am the following morning.

What you say cannot be denied. Although much of it is applicable to large scale festivals. The problem is that Pride, especially in Brighton, is polarised. This makes it worse. Not such a problem in, say, Manchester or Birmingham.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Don't see the need to wear my sexuality on my sleeve or 'hanging out' there for all to see. It's unedifying. It's almost a desperate needy trait.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you don't have to pick up the pieces or deal with the aftermath its fine. I do, its shit.

I have spent lot of my life living in city centers; it's part of the territory. Besides, it's just one weekend a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here