Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton boozer saved from Burger King

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
This is great news. I used to go to a nightclub here 30 off years ago called the Can and a Psych night called UFO. I think it was called the Heart in Hand or Hand in Hand or something. I think there was another Hand in Hand somewhere. My brains were fried in those hazy days :smokin:

The Mariner.PNG

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14665813.Bison_Beer_reaches_last_minute_agreement_on_craft_beer_pub/

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Should be decent- those who crowdfunded must have been worried before today!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great news

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was the Heart in Hand. Think it was the main gay pub then.

Think it was actually called The New Heart in Hand and it was a big gay pub (although The Spotted Dog was probably the main gay boozer back in the 70s).

Used to go there for the late night bar. In those days, there were no late night places to drink but you could there as they served food. They handed round plates of sandwiches and that meant they had a late licence. They served Bass IIRC - always good for a hangover next day

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Think it was actually called The New Heart in Hand and it was a big gay pub (although The Spotted Dog was probably the main gay boozer back in the 70s).

Used to go there for the late night bar. In those days, there were no late night places to drink but you could there as they served food. They handed round plates of sandwiches and that meant they had a late licence. They served Bass IIRC - always good for a hangover next day

I think it was called The New Heart and Hand and it wasn't gay when I went there..............was it ?

Should be decent- those who crowdfunded must have been worried before today!

As one of the investors via crowdfunding, wasn't too concerned, as under the terms of the investment one would have received their investment monies back if the project hadn't taken off. Personally, I am not in it to make money, but to preserve this part of Brighton from the alternative ..... Burger King.

Hopefully, The Bisons Arms will be a success - it should be given the location

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it was called The New Heart and Hand and it wasn't gay when I went there..............was it ?

There was definitely a period when it was called that and wasn't gay. I remember the late night drinking/sandwich thing and I think there was a basement that went out under the road with false shopfronts round the edge ? Or is my memory deteriorating faster than I thought ?

Oct 25, 2003
That pub has possibly the best location in the whole city and yet it has ALWAYS been shit

I'm hoping this different direction will see it do well....east street is starting to pick up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here