Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray is ready to hit the ground running [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Glenn Murray believes he is getting sharper with every game – as he prepares to face the club who wanted to sign him.
The Albion striker was a target for Derby County almost two years ago, when he was on loan at Reading.
Murray has told The Argus that Reading were his “preferred option” at the time. But he is delighted to be back with the Seagulls now.
The summer loan signing from Bournemouth shrugged off a couple of chances which got away against Lazio and said: “I feel as though I have been getting better and fitter each day I step out on the pitch.
“Sunday was another step in the right direction.”
Murray*reached his pre-season aim of 20 goals in his last season with Albion en route to the 2010-11 League One title.
But the target only became clear at the end of the season.
He told The Argus: “It’s still the same approach. I’ll set myself a target but I won’t tell you what it is so you don’t hammer me if I don’t get there!
“But, at the time, I’ll reset the target if I reach it so it works both ways.”

Murray said he was aware of interest from then Rams boss Steve McClaren in 2014-15 while he was on loan at the Madejski Stadium.
He eventually went back to parent club Crystal Palace, where he scored seven Premier League goals in the latter part of the season.
The 32–year-old goal-getter said: “I’d heard that. I know there was an interest (from Derby) but my preferred option was Reading at the time.”
Now he returns to a club where he previously had success and could have a familiar face helping provide service having been a team-mate of Oliver Norwood during that loan stint at Reading.
But he accepts he has had to make adjustments to his game to fit in with Albion’s style of approach play, notably when moves are being constructed out wide.
Murray said: “Whenever Brighton were on TV last season I watched them and was very impressed with the wing play and their play in general.
“The crosses were coming from different areas which means the defence being a little more set.
“I’m more used to wingers going down the outside rather than coming back on the inside but it’s just a minor change and something I will get used to – and will flourish.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here