James Milner has retired from England duty

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
UNC3

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can anyone actually remember anything good Milner did in an England shirt, ever?

The only thing you can say in his defence is that he didn't fvck up much, unlike Phil Neville who got 50+ caps and whose England career is solely remembered for giving Romania a penalty that got us knocked out of Euro 2000.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can anyone actually remember anything good Milner did in an England shirt, ever?

The only thing you can say in his defence is that he didn't fvck up much, unlike Phil Neville who got 50+ caps and whose England career is solely remembered for giving Romania a penalty that got us knocked out of Euro 2000.

He fired in a great cross for Defoe to score at some tournament once. That's all I remember but he is known for having a spot on attitude and working hard. It's always odd when players such as Phil Neville, Andy Cole and now James Milner 'retire' from England duty as if they'd had a glittering career.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A very good player who suffered from going to a big club where he was used as a jack of all trades rather than a key component in his best role throughout his peak and developmental years.

Yes, he's not exciting to watch 90% of the time, but he'd walk into most Premier League teams rather comfortably.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Versatile player or "Jack of all trades, master of none"...?

Useful player to have in a tournament squad but not good enough to start. You also knew that he'd put a shift in and be reliable which is more than can be said about a lot of England players recently. Having said that, there must be better options.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Versatile player or "Jack of all trades, master of none"...?

Useful player to have in a tournament squad but not good enough to start. You also knew that he'd put a shift in and be reliable which is more than can be said about a lot of England players recently. Having said that, there must be better options.

I'm thinking Scott Parker.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Always been a very versatile player willing to sacrifice himself for the team. Nothing flash about him and possibly could be seen as a "Jack of all trades, master of none", particularly as he lacked the pace needed to be genuine wide player or enough goals to be an attacking midfielder of any potency.

Those things aside, he's always been a very unselfish, team player with a great work ethic who has put in a shift to allow more technically gifted players the licence to do what they do. A very solid, model professional and standing aside now seems to be in keeping with how he has conducted himself up to now as a player who doesn't really want to be in the limelight.

There were times last season where I think he would have held Manchester City together when some of their other more talented players were rather flaky.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Best news today and long overdue - one of the worst England players of the last ten years.

i'll bite, seriously, how can anyone say that. might not be a glamorus player but hes a solid, reliable player, put more crosses in than most supposed wingers, you dont get to 60 caps by being the worst player in 10 years, how about all the 1-2 cap players you dont even remember that where dropped because they really were a bit pony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here