Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help AFC Wimbledon move back to Plough Lane.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I thought this had planning approval, did I miss something?

Called in by Boris Johnson when he was Mayor. Sadiq Khan has said he may overturn Johnsons decision so that it can be decided by Merton council, which will give it the final go ahead so the more support it gets the more likely he is to do that.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Khan feels there isn't enough fair priced housing in the development - which there probably isn't, but if the developers cant get enough for the apartments to pay for the stadium the the whole thing falls apart. A kick in the nuts for AFC fans, Khan really should have honoured BJ's decision IMHO.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I have lurchers greyhounds as pets and it is not wrong

Yes and so have I two sitting at my feet now. Honestly have you ever been to a racing kennel and seen how well the dogs are looked after.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Its a huge yes from me. Living in the area the dog track is a complete dump. You really have to ask yourself why it's one of the last....

An industry that has failed to modernise. There is no one to blame except itself .

Just what the area needs.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Another no here. It will be a sad day if the dogs are forced out.

..not sure the dogs actually voted to be there.

No particularly problem with the 'sport" but it's on its last legs. You can invest millions in a dog stadium but the reality is as a sport of the massives it isn't going to happen.

The stadium and the surrounding area is a dump and needs something new.

If there is a market for dog racing (which I doubt) it will find another home.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Its a huge yes from me. Living in the area the dog track is a complete dump. You really have to ask yourself why it's one of the last....

Just what the area needs.

Exactly because Risk Capital own it. GRA are worse. No investment which Paschal Taggart would have done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here