Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That'll keep their physio in a job for the season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Lost his pace, and hasn't got anything else in his locker.

And there I was thinking they were going to have a good season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
They should get a good ten games out of him, the rest he will be average or more likely injured.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Lost his pace, and hasn't got anything else in his locker.

And there I was thinking they were going to have a good season.

This.

Didn't set the world alight on loan at Leeds or Birmingham.

I still bloody love Buckers though. One of my favourite moments was actually against Wednesday (I think) where he performed some of scoop manouvre to beat a defender before scoring.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Seems an odd signing for Sheffield Wednesday. Must just be an added option rather than first choice. When you think back to the first season at the Amex and how good Buckley looked when fit, he's gone back a long way since then.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This.

I still bloody love Buckers though. One of my favourite moments was actually against Wednesday (I think) where he performed some of scoop manouvre to beat a defender before scoring.

Apart from the Doncaster game, my favourite moment was at Huddersfield, when he left Joel Lynch sitting on his backside, to score.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This.

Yeah I agree - he was just a wonderful player for us for a time. Came back half the player after injury though.

It's a weird one for Wednesday though. Fletcher and Abdi are superb signings - a real statement of intent. This feels decidedly shit in comparison.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yeah I agree - he was just a wonderful player for us for a time. Came back half the player after injury though.

It's a weird one for Wednesday though. Fletcher and Abdi are superb signings - a real statement of intent. This feels decidedly shit in comparison.

Squad filler due to no loans being allowed after window shuts? We are banking on Dev squad players, lets hope we don't need them.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Squad filler due to no loans being allowed after window shuts? We are banking on Dev squad players, lets hope we don't need them.

Yeah I guess so.

I'm not averse to blooding in some of the DS players (who by now should be ready) but I'm obviously still feverishly hoping that there are a couple of first XI signings to come.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pace is always dangerous on its day. The trick is to stop Buckley getting the ball in the first place. Not so easy against sides who can win the midfield. Unfortunately, he might do well at Wednesday from 66 minutes onwards.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pace is always dangerous on its day. The trick is to stop Buckley getting the ball in the first place. Not so easy against sides who can win the midfield. Unfortunately, he might do well at Wednesday from 66 minutes onwards.

But he rarely uses his pace any more so it's not dangerous. Think he would rank well down our wingers now, only possibly above LuaLua (although not the way KLL started last season).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some harsh comments here. If he is fit then I'm sure most managers in the Championship would like him in their squad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Some harsh comments here. If he is fit then I'm sure most managers in the Championship would like him in their squad.

Yes but that's the problem. In a typical ten match spell he is average for three games, then great/amazing for two games, then injured for five games. Then repeat. He never comes back from injury an amazing player, always takes a few games, then he is great and then he gets injured.

It's a massive shame for him because yes on his day he is a player anyone would want in their team, but you only get that 20% of the time.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Never reached the same levels that he achieved with us.

Watched him a few times last year for Birmingham and looked a lost figure and half the player I remember fondly.

Strange acquisition for Wednesday.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is a very good player, and it's a very good signing for Wednesday. I would much rather have Buckley coming off the bench than LuaLua.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here