Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which striker would you like to see the club bring in?? For me, Benjamin Moukandjo

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Cameroon international. Plays for L'Orient in France, scored 18 goals in the french first division last season. Clearly an emerging talent. I see his market value is around £4m.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Cameroon international. Plays for L'Orient in France, scored 18 goals in the french first division last season. Clearly an emerging talent. I see his market value is around £4m.

I know nothing of the player, but surely scoring 18 goals in the French top division would go for more than £4m in the current market?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Anyway, hasn't Hughton confirmed he is now after a number 10/attacking midfield player rather than an out and out striker?

That would rule most of the players on this thread out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway, hasn't Hughton confirmed he is now after a number 10/attacking midfield player rather than an out and out striker?

That would rule most of the players on this thread out.
No, he hasn't ruled out a striker - it is still one of the options.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Assombalonga, Kodija or more realistically Nahki Wells. I seem to remember CH praising Wells highly in the lead up to the Hudds game last year. If we were prepared to spend 8m on Pritchard, i don't imagine it would take a lot more to get Wells. Hemed, Murray & Wells would rival Sheff Wed for the best front line proven in the division for me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
With the prices the way they are, the likes of vydra will be 10 million !

Think we need to pluck another quality signing from abroad out of the hat

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't think Nahki Wells is realistic, Huddersfield value him a lot higher than he's worth - Derby rumoured to be preparing a bid, but he's also out injured for two months.

Bristol City are a very wealthy club and don't need/want to sell Kodjia (they can also probably offer him a lot more wages than we can)

IMO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the prices the way they are, the likes of vydra will be 10 million !

Think we need to pluck another quality signing from abroad out of the hat

Even after last seasons dismal showing at Reading I would think that he would be less than that probably 50%.less.

What about somebody like Jermaine Beckford older but proven ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bristol City are bringing a striker in on loan... ??? ...which probably means nothing...

Zach Clough would clearly be the number 10 we could go for - although he has a minor injury currently...

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Kodija would be a great signing but unlikely, be very happy with Vydra or Bamford though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who do Southampton have not making the first team squad. There is talk of Ricky Lambert going to Villa from WBA but he is not the type of player we need now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here