Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON ON: DERBY

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The key talking points from Chris Hughton's pre-match press conference.

At his pre-match press conference, Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton addressed a variety of topics, which included the arrival of new signing Oliver Norwood, the importance of keeping the squad together and his views on this summer’s transfer activity.Norwood’s arrival from Reading: “For a young man, he certainly brings some experience. I think he played close to every game for Reading last season and is somebody that knows the division very well.
“He went away to the Euros in the summer, he’s a very good passer of the ball and he’s somebody we’ve aware of for quite some time. He’s a really good addition for us.”
“In regards to his fitness and ability to be able to fit in, I don’t think that’s an issue. He had such a good season at Reading, who play in a fairly similar way to ourselves, so I think settling in will be absolutely no problem for him.

Parachute payments:
“What we’ve seen already is the weight of the bigger clubs that have come down with parachute payments. When you see some of the transfers already, it shows the lack of balance across the Championship.
“We won’t be the only team affected, I think it’s going to be difficult for lots of teams in this division, but we have to make sure we keep hold of our best players and are able to challenge.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

gm-l229-3205280.jpg
Transfer activity compared with last summer: “Last summer we brought in nine players, so taking that into consideration, we started last season very well.
“If I’m looking at what we have at the moment, we are not looking to bring in as many players.
"We also bought very well in January, with [Jiri] Skalak and [Anthony] Knockaert, so there’s a far better core here now than there was last summer.
“We haven’t felt desperate to sign players in any position, all we’ve wanted to do is improve the squad in the best way that we can, but we certainly haven’t had to strengthen as much as we did 12 months ago."
Nigel Pearson: “He’s a very good manager. I think most people do appreciate the job he did at Leicester, they had a magnificent season just gone, which possibly won’t be done again, but what may be harder to replicate is the excellent run of nine games that Nigel managed the season before.
“I think he’ll change the way Derby play, certainly in the formation, where he generally plays a 4-4-2, but they’ve got very good players and it will be his job to get the best out of them.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here