Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmys restaurant at Brighton Marina closed down?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Generally speaking, if you want a decent buffet, you need to pay about £60-70 per person, and these exist at 5 star hotels.

I recall going to that crappy 'Days' place in East Street. Typical crowd that you expect, all willing to eat absolute shite because it's 'good value'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Generally speaking, if you want a decent buffet, you need to pay about £60-70 per person, and these exist at 5 star hotels.

I recall going to that crappy 'Days' place in East Street. Typical crowd that you expect, all willing to eat absolute shite because it's 'good value'.

The average man wife and 3 children cant afford £60-£70 a head for lunch so you are just showing a form of food snobbery. Obviously everybody would love to be able to afford it but it is just not possible.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any staff member that's owed wages and has access to the premises should just go down there and grab anything that's not nailed down. Because they won't be seeing their wages anytime soon. Pure criminals. Somebody needs to go to jail over this. Unbelievably, the Marina branch even seems to be part of a chain. Sake!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Any staff member that's owed wages and has access to the premises should just go down there and grab anything that's not nailed down. Because they won't be seeing their wages anytime soon. Pure criminals. Somebody needs to go to jail over this. Unbelievably, the Marina branch even seems to be part of a chain. Sake!

Vote Tory, trebles all round !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

That just made me laugh, it is just so wrong on so many levels, need to pay £60-70, 5 Star Hotels, 'typical crowd' etc, good one, I have never been there it just wouldn't be my choice but I am curious to what lured you in there, why didnt you spend £70.00 for a buffet of luke warm food like any clued up buffetteer would ;)??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is surprising that the council couldnt take action against the owners of the parent company to retrieve their losses. Are the restaurants all franchised like KFC and McDonalds?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Wow! That's a bit of a weird post on many levels.

Only went to 'Days' once, for lunch as guest of a senior member of the local Southeast Asian community. It was GRAND. And TEEMING with members of that community. If it was good enough for them, it was certainly good enough for me. Desserts did look a bit ropey tho, has to be said.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It is surprising that the council couldnt take action against the owners of the parent company to retrieve their losses. Are the restaurants all franchised like KFC and McDonalds?

It's a franchise, they are their own parent company

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The average man wife and 3 children cant afford £60-£70 a head for lunch so you are just showing a form of food snobbery. Obviously everybody would love to be able to afford it but it is just not possible.
Rather than stuffing your face full of cheap processed crap, because you can, why not pay a similar amount for a healthy meal?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
That just made me laugh, it is just so wrong on so many levels, need to pay £60-70, 5 Star Hotels, 'typical crowd' etc, good one, I have never been there it just wouldn't be my choice but I am curious to what lured you in there, why didnt you spend £70.00 for a buffet of luke warm food like any clued up buffetteer would ;)??
I went there with colleagues, because at the time it was local and affordable to everyone.

If you pay £1.5m for a striker you get Sam Baldock, if you pay £9m you get a Jordan Rhodes/Andre Great and you get promoted.

I think you know what I'm trying to say, right?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Wow! That's a bit of a weird post on many levels.

Only went to 'Days' once, for lunch as guest of a senior member of the local Southeast Asian community. It was GRAND. And TEEMING with members of that community. If it was good enough for them, it was certainly good enough for me. Desserts did look a bit ropey tho, has to be said.
You're easily pleased, obviously. By the way that's not a problem, before you jump on my back!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

£70?!!!!! ill be that Typical person then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here