Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queuing system in place getting INTO Brighton station from 6am onwards on Saturday...

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
That's the latest announcement from Southern. It's in relation to Pride, but doesn't differentiate which routes it applies to. Basically it sounds like EVERYONE trying to get a train from Brighton after 6am (6am!) will be tipped into the Amex home game style queues is how I read it. Probably worth bearing in mind for those getting trains up to Derby, particularly if you have a discount ticket that means you should be on/catch a specific train. FFS! See the penultimate paragraph here: http://www.southernrailway.com/sout...-to-consider-alternative-travel-arrangements/

D

Deleted User X18H

That's the latest announcement from Southern. It's in relation to Pride, but doesn't differentiate which routes it applies to. Basically it sounds like EVERYONE trying to get a train from Brighton after 6am (6am!) will be tipped into the Amex home game style queues is how I read it. Probably worth bearing in mind for those getting trains up to Derby, particularly if you have a discount ticket that means you should be on/catch a specific train. FFS! See the penultimate paragraph here: http://www.southernrailway.com/sout...-to-consider-alternative-travel-arrangements/

Are you surprised. Preston Park looks like the set of 'A big fat gypsey wedding!

I still don't get it. Brighton is famed for its diversity. Why the need to promote or celebrate it on such a large scale . It should be two fingers to the establishment. We don't need a pride celebration. Look at us we're proud of our diversity every day.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you surprised. Preston Park looks like the set of 'A big fat gypsey wedding'

Promoting and celebrating diversity in Europe's biggest gay community. Undermines what Brighton stands for.

really? :fishing:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Could that SASTA notice BE any more ambiguous? It talks about a queuing system in place at the station for return journeys from Pride, then says the queueing system will be in place 'from 6am'. Does that mean 6am on Saturday when most people won't even have arrived for Pride? Or 6am Sunday? Or is it a typo for 6pm Saturday? Or have SASTA just decided to make life even more annoying for customers than usual, just because they can?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

That'll be fun,a well behaved football crowd ,who are well drilled is a different proposition to muscle Mary who's been on the Dame Vera all afternoon.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That's got to be a first, a public transport service* provider recommending people NOT to use their service*.

* I of course use the word 'service' in the very loosest way
Yeah. And it's proof, yet again, that the private car plays a very important role when it comes to inter-city transport as rail can't/won't cope with all the volume on its own. This message still has to penetrate a few very thick skulls, but their number are getting fewer.

That's got to be a first, a public transport service* provider recommending people NOT to use their service*.

* I of course use the word 'service' in the very loosest way

What do they care?they know the Government are going to do **** all and they'll still get their money,
You vote Tory ,you get Tory.
Shameless shysters,the lot of em.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Are you surprised. Preston Park looks like the set of 'A big fat gypsey wedding!

I still don't get it. Brighton is famed for its diversity. Why the need to promote or celebrate it on such a large scale . It should be two fingers to the establishment. We don't need a pride celebration. Look at us we're proud of our diversity every day.

Not funny and ignorant. You seem to have the similar confusion of the White Lives Matter counter campaign.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

A thread of things Timmy doesn't get. Got to be a world beater :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Do not use our trains if your'e gay ???, not quite as catchy as Let the train take the strain is it

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Perhaps the link below is why we should work to remind ourselves that Pride needs to keep sending out a positive message. When diversity extends beyond tolerance and into general acceptance then we might perhaps think about changing the nature of Pride. As it is, Pride needs to stand as an acceptance of sexuality no matter who you are or what you feel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-rise-in-homophobic-hate-crimes-a6692991.html

And lest we think Sussex is some sort of beacon bucking the trend...

In 2014-15 – from the start of April last year to the end of March – the number of recorded hate crimes rose from 1,009 to 1,352.
As well as the 34 per cent rise in hate crimes, the number of related non-criminal incidents rose from 299 to 447, an increase of almost 50 per cent.

Sussex Police recorded a rise in five hate crime categories – the 2013-14 figures are in brackets.

Disability 106 (80)
Race 961 (731)
Religion 106 (71)
Sexual orientation 230 (144)
Transgender 28 (24)

The total adds up to more than 1,352 because some of the incidents are counted under more than one heading.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not on this occasion. OP has linked directly to the Southern notice, looks like the Argus just copy'n'pasted it.

Oh. I read it on the Argus site and immediately thought that it was a typo. It must still be a typo, just one from SASTA and not the paper.

If it's not a typo, that would mean the railway company would want people queuing hours before they needed to. You'd only do that if you were a completely incompetent bunch of halfwits, incapable of running a decent train service

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going to be seriously pissed off if I don't get on the 08:28 to Victoria tomorrow !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here