Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A & 7

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'd say cards 1 and 3 because we have to determine if the rule has been followed. We know those two have a letter or even number, if they don't have the same on the back then the rule is broken.

I say 2 cards because the questions stipulates card(s)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The thread title suggests it must be something other than 'A' but I don't know why or how if that is the case :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
First (A) and last (7) I think.

The card with A must have an even number on the reverse because A is a vowel
The card with K - Don't care it's not a vowel - the rule is not broken with an odd or even number
The card with 2 on - it doesn't matter as it can have vowel or consonant and the rule is still true
The card with 7 - Must be viewed to check the reverse is not a vowel - otherwise the rule is not followed

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd say cards 1 and 3 because we have to determine if the rule has been followed. We know those two have a letter or even number, if they don't have the same on the back then the rule is broken.

I say 2 cards because the questions stipulates card(s)

I'm not sure that the 2 needs turning over. It doesn't have to have a vowel there. The rule doesn't apply to other letters, I think.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Because any of them could have a vowel on the reverse side thus disproving rule

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Doesn't 7 need turning over too in case it has a vowel on the other side- meaning the rule hasn't been applied ?

I don't think so as the only stipulation is that if a card has a vowel an even number must be on the other side.

There is nothing to stop an even number card having a vowel on the other side or a consonant having an even number on the other side

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
First (A) and last (7) I think.

The card with A must have an even number on the reverse because A is a vowel
The card with K - Don't care it's not a vowel - the rule is not broken with an odd or even number
The card with 2 on - it doesn't matter as it can have vowel or consonant and the rule is still true
The card with 7 - Must be viewed to check the reverse is not a vowel - otherwise the rule is not followed

Well done - Ignore all I've said!

:tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here