Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely that can't be it??

We got rid of some of our older players at the end of last year, as well as sending some of our squad players out on loan for this season, and now our squad looks a bit short of numbers. Surely Bloom has a few more signings up his sleeve to strengthen the squad?

We still need another defender or two, maybe another midfield player, and most definitely another decent striker. All the teams competing with us for the top 6 spots are buying good quality players, yet we don't seem to be, and the season is looming ever closer.

I know the squad we have did an amazing job last season, but if we weren't going to replace our veteran players with better younger players, surely we'd have been better off keeping them till we did. I know we have signed a few, but I don't feel it's enough.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The transfer window closes at the end of August.

These posts always remind me of youngsters coming home from school whining 'Everyone else has got xxxxx, why can't I have one?'

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just spotted a geezer wearing this near Shoreham Airport, fear ye not.

Owen.JPG

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Mate just stop you can't win. This is how it goes for you and anyone else concerned about the squad.

You voice concern early and get told about the window closing at the end of August,and that you're a shit fan, a bedwetter and get a load of abuse from people who are much better fans than you.

Then one of these 2 things happens.

1) We make some solid signings in the next month and do well, people hunt down your old posts and they gloat and generally send abuse your way again, because you're a shit fan.

2) We don't make any good signings and you say you were worried this was gonna happen, you then get a load of abuse because you're seen as gloating, and reveling in something bad happening to the team, because you're a shit fan.

TL:DR - If you don't agree that everything is constantly perfect on planet Albion, try not to post it. Especially in the transfer window.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
I'm sure there is still plenty of business to be done, hopefully:

- Kayal & Stephens renewing their contracts
- New striker in
- New centre back in
- Elvis Manu and Rohan Ince out (season long loans)
- Danny Holla out (permanent)

In that order with a bit of luck.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We got rid of some of our older players at the end of last year, as well as sending some of our squad players out on loan for this season, and now our squad looks a bit short of numbers. Surely Bloom has a few more signings up his sleeve to strengthen the squad?

We still need another defender or two, maybe another midfield player, and most definitely another decent striker. All the teams competing with us for the top 6 spots are buying good quality players, yet we don't seem to be, and the season is looming ever closer.

I know the squad we have did an amazing job last season, but if we weren't going to replace our veteran players with better younger players, surely we'd have been better off keeping them till we did. I know we have signed a few, but I don't feel it's enough.

ANOTHER midfielder? Seriously?

The only players we have lost (who made any significant contribution) from a squad that was the best in the league from January onwards, are Bobby, Greer and Wilson.

Murray is an upgrade on Bobby. The other two are still to be replaced.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm sure there is still plenty of business to be done, hopefully:

- Kayal & Stephens renewing their contracts
- New striker in
- New centre back in
- Elvis Manu and Rohan Ince out (season long loans)
- Danny Holla out (permanent)

In that order with a bit of luck.

I would put the signing of a new contract by Kayal and Stephens as less important this week than signing a CB and possibly a new no 10. That can wait until next week the 2 new signings shouldnt be kept waiting too long.

Mate just stop you can't win. This is how it goes for you and anyone else concerned about the squad.

You voice concern early and get told about the window closing at the end of August,and that you're a shit fan, a bedwetter and get a load of abuse from people who are much better fans than you.

Then one of these 2 things happens.

1) We make some solid signings in the next month and do well, people hunt down your old posts and they gloat and generally send abuse your way again, because you're a shit fan.

2) We don't make any good signings and you say you were worried this was gonna happen, you then get a load of abuse because you're seen as gloating, and reveling in something bad happening to the team, because you're a shit fan.

TL:DR - If you don't agree that everything is constantly perfect on planet Albion, try not to post it. Especially in the transfer window.

I know i'll take some stick for asking the question, but I can't be the only one out there thinking it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's fine, the season doesn't even start until a month from now.

In all seriousness, I would have liked our business to be wrapped up early, but only seems to go for freebies/loans and those willing to splurge millions hoovering up any names mentioned in the media.

We'll sign the players we need, eventually, and we'll just have to pray we have enough to get through the first 5 league games in August without some/all of them and have a decent amount of points on the board at the end of it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would put the signing of a new contract by Kayal and Stephens as less important this week than signing a CB and possibly a new no 10. That can wait until next week the 2 new signings shouldnt be kept waiting too long.

Priority for me is to at all costs retain Kayal. Else we just go back to being a side that gets rolled over in midfield. Tho I guess if we lose too much ground in that area of the field we could always break the club transfer record in January and sign the philosopher Joseph Barton from Rangers. :moo:

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015

I see where you're coming from with that. I'd probably rank the new striker above them in that case, as I don't think Hemed & Murray will be a partnership that will work due to them being almost the exact same player (hope I'm proved wrong of course) & also with the fact I think Baldock isn't good enough.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Greer - New CB
Calderon - New FB
Crofts - Norwood
Zamora - Murray
Wilson - New pacey ST/No.10

We're not far away IMO. The Greer and Calde replacements could yet be one versatile defender, so we've possibly only got two players to find. And a month to do it. Granted, our defensive injuries make that a priority, but if we can bring in a forward and a defender, and shift out a couple of the deadwood, we'll be in as strong a position as we can be. Keep the faith.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here