Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Korea is aiming to plant its flag on the moon within 10 years.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
North Korea is aiming to plant its flag on the moon within 10 years.

That is according to a director at the country's version of NASA, who also said international sanctions would not prevent them putting more advanced satellites into orbit over the next five years.
Hyon Kwang Il, a scientist at North Korea's National Aerospace Development Administration, told AP: "Even though the US and its allies try to block our space development, our aerospace scientists will conquer space and definitely plant the flag of the DPRK on the moon."
He added that North Korean intends "to do manned spaceflight and scientific experiments in space, make a flight to the moon and moon exploration and also exploration to other planets".
Leader Kim Jong Un has ordered scientists to launch more Earth observation satellites and, in what would be a significant advance, the country's first geostationary communications satellite, Mr Hyon said.
"All of this work will be the basis for the flight to the moon," Mr Hyon said, adding that he personally would like to see that happen "within 10 years' time".

I think we will be reading in a few years time that either Mr Hyon has been executed or see a cheesy home video broadcast to the North Korean public of Mr Hyon in a silver tracksuit and a bin on his head waving a North Korean flag to a back drop that would be more suited to The Clangers...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Walking on the moon? They'd be one up on the Yanks then. I wouldn't want to be one of their test pilots though.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
They have probably already broadcast it on state TV with pictures of the astronaut planting the flag !!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Kim Jong Un INVENTED the moon.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• hhhy.gif
    hhhy.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 203

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Meanwhile their citizens are blissfully ignorant that there is more to life than the worship of their beloved leader.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, if they an take their entire political and military infrastructure up there with them, good luck to 'em. I'd suggest then that all the other governments of the world join together to help ISIS plant their flag on the next door moon plot.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This from a country who's Submarines run out of diesel with the coast still in sight

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Meanwhile their citizens are blissfully ignorant that there is more to life than the worship of their beloved leader.

I suspect they are well aware that there is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here