Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FourFourTwo magazine Championship 2016/17 prediction

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
So after last years FourFourTwo magazine's rather moronic prediction which many of us had a good laugh and a giggle about, the latest edition is now out which features their season predictions once again. So what do they say about us this season - well they predict that we will finish 5th and in the play-offs once again, and once again we'll be playing Sheffield Wednesday in the semi's. The three they predict will go up are Newcastle, Derby with Birmingham winning the play-offs. Three predicted relegated sides are Blackburn, Burton and Rotherham.

This is their predicted table:

1 Newcastle United
2 Derby County
--------------
3 Norwich City
4 Sheffield Wednesday
5 Brighton & Hove Albion
6 Birmingham City
---------------
7 Queens Park Rangers
8 Ipswich Town
9 Brentford
10 Aston Villa
11 Nottingham Forest
12 Huddersfield Town
13 Leeds United
14 Preston North End
15 Barnsley
16 Wolverhampton Wanderers
17 Bristol City
18 Cardiff City
19 Wigan Athletic
20 Fulham
21 Reading
---------------------
22 Blackburn Rovers
23 Burton Albion
24 Rotherham United

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So after last years FourFourTwo magazine's rather moronic prediction which many of us had a good laugh and a giggle about, the latest edition is now out which features their season predictions once again. So what do they say about us this season - well they predict that we will finish 5th and in the play-offs once again, and once again we'll be playing Sheffield Wednesday in the semi's. The three they predict will go up are Newcastle, Derby with Birmingham winning the play-offs. Three predicted relegated sides are Blackburn, Burton and Rotherham.

This is their predicted table:

1 Newcastle United
2 Derby County
--------------
3 Norwich City
4 Sheffield Wednesday
5 Brighton & Hove Albion
6 Birmingham City
---------------
7 Queens Park Rangers
8 Ipswich Town
9 Brentford
10 Aston Villa
11 Nottingham Forest
12 Huddersfield Town
13 Leeds United
14 Preston North End
15 Barnsley
16 Wolverhampton Wanderers
17 Bristol City
18 Cardiff City
19 Wigan Athletic
20 Fulham
21 Reading
---------------------
22 Blackburn Rovers
23 Burton Albion
24 Rotherham United

BECAUSE of last year's moronic prediction in FFT, I'm paying NO attention to this one :moo:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ok here's mine, wonder who'll be closer?

1. Brighton & Hove Albion
2. Sheffield Wednesday
3. Newcastle United
4. Derby County
5. Leeds United
6. Norwich City
7. Huddersfield Town
8. Cardiff City
9. Queens Park Rangers
10. Bristol City
11. Wolverhampton Wanderers
12. Wigan Athletic
13. Fulham
14. Aston Villa
15. Rotherham United
16. Nottingham Forest
17. Ipswich Town
18. Reading
19. Blackburn Rover's
20. Burton Albion
21. Barnsley
22. Birmingham City
23. Brentford
24. Preston North End

Just for accuracy, I would like to point out that I have used the same scientific guesswork as 442 magazine and am only going on complete hunches, favouritism towards some teams and dislike of others as nobody can really make an informed guess until all transfer dealings are completed at the end of the month and even then it's all complete bollocks :thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
what's the deal with birmingham?
I was wondering that, tailed off badly last season, lost their main flair player (Toral) as well as Gray from the first half of the season and don't seem to have made any significant additions. Seem like mid table at best.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you think all relegated prem clubs will bounce straight back up again?

I would be very surprised if that happened.

I would be even more surprised if none of them were promoted.

If I was a betting man, I would say one of them will be promoted.

If pushed I would say that their name will start with an N

If really pushed I would say that the second letter was an E.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I agree with most that Newcastle will be tough to finish above this year, but I don't believe Norwich are really all that, and for Villa to be a force this year it will take an incredible turn around in form from last year. They were absolute toilet last season.

Ourselves, Sheff Wed and Derby will be up there no doubt. Like others on here, don't quite get the Brum thing. They were OK last season but nothing more than that.

Not sure why, but fancy Wigan to have a fairly good season and possibly sneak a play off place.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
what's the deal with birmingham?

I was wondering that, tailed off badly last season, lost their main flair player (Toral) as well as Gray from the first half of the season and don't seem to have made any significant additions. Seem like mid table at best.

Beats me.
Bookies have Birmingham to finish 21st with Burton, Barnsley and Rotherham below them. This could be another 442 special, like their pick of Wolves to win the division last season and us to finish 23rd.

I'd say it's the Gary Rowett effect, he'll be linked with vacancies as soon as they appear.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here