Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Essex v Sussex, County Championship at Castle Park, Colchester

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it just a question of when and how Essex win. I remember as a lad going to The Manor ground in Worthing when it was usually Essex being the opponents.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ross Taylor now gone and replaced with David Wiese the SA all rounder as our overseas players....

Chris Nash
Ed Joyce
Luke Wells
Luke Wright(c)
Ben Brown(wk)
Harry Finch
Chris Jordan
David Wiese
Jofra Archer
Danny Briggs
Steve Magoffin

Thank you. Way too fiddly for me to post the team on my phone. Jordan is looking the pick of the bowlers so far. Jofra just came on and looked decent medium pace. Think it might be a long day in the field though

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does anyone know why Archer is not an overseas player? He's played for West Indies U-19 but counts as English. The Argus report on his signing didn't explain that at all

Jimmy Grimble

Does anyone know why Archer is not an overseas player? He's played for West Indies U-19 but counts as English. The Argus report on his signing didn't explain that at all

Sure I saw an interview with him where he said his father was born and grew up in the UK.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

As answered above. He has a British passport.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
First time I've seen him. Shortish run up and seems to be getting a lot of bounce which could be the pitch or his height. A little hint of Joel Garner about him... (But then I am as ever the optimist)

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Tempting fate here....

Our line up actually doesn't look to bad....Plenty of options with the ball and all of them can hold a bat but looking at the results this season in this format we have had far to many draws so why can't we turn them into wins???

Predict another draw here......Essex to get 500+ and us to struggle to bat the days out but scramble home

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
96-0 at lunch.
A little sedate but the sun is out and the beer is good
Can't see us getting a wicket before tomorrow evening...

Surely this is the time for the big push now that we have been dumped from every other competition ? The lads can focus fully on a triumphant return to Div 1 .......... not.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Tempting fate here....

Our line up actually doesn't look to bad....Plenty of options with the ball and all of them can hold a bat but looking at the results this season in this format we have had far to many draws so why can't we turn them into wins???

Predict another draw here.....Essex to get 500+ and us to struggle to bat the days out but scramble home

Oh No :eek: Now we've had it, whare oare doomed!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Essex went from 320-4 to 358ao and we're 119-0. A game of two halves?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here