Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tough decision about name on shirt - help

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My lad turns 8 on 29th August. His grandad buys him a Brighton kit every year and for the last couple of years he has asked for lualua on the back but this year we have a potential problem.

His favourite player (like most 7/8 year olds) is Anthony k. It feels like a bit of a gamble getting his name given that he still might leave. I discussed this with my lad who has said that his other options would be Stephens or kayal. I did not have the heart to tell him that one of them might leave too.

I suggested Murray but he said "nah he used to play for palace" as he doesn't remember the Murray years.

What do you reckon I should do? Bear in mind that my dad will be giving him the shirt the weekend of 21st Aug.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Get the shirt but don't get the name. Give him tickets to a match (Sept 1st onwards) as part of his present (or if you are season ticket holders maybe take his friend or something?)

After the game take him to the club shop himself to get it printed with his favourite player that remains.

My 6 year old loved it when he got to go as well and could then put the top on straight away

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Buy the shirt and give it to him for his birthday, and get the name put on at the first home game after the window shuts. It only take 5 minutes in club shop.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The golden rule is 'Never put a player name on a shirt until the window SLAMS shut'.

You can always take the shirt in for a name to be put on later.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Hedge your bets.

Capture.JPG

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Tell hime that his shoulders are not broad enough for the full Knockaert to be fitted on the shirt or that the club have run out of the letter K so he will have to wait until September.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
either leave it blank or get his name seems sensible. Maybe I will just go for Prichard.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not a tough decision, just wait. At that age his favourite player will probably have changed by the 4th game anyway.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My lad turns 8 on 29th August. His grandad buys him a Brighton kit every year and for the last couple of years he has asked for lualua on the back but this year we have a potential problem.

His favourite player (like most 7/8 year olds) is Anthony k. It feels like a bit of a gamble getting his name given that he still might leave. I discussed this with my lad who has said that his other options would be Stephens or kayal. I did not have the heart to tell him that one of them might leave too.

I suggested Murray but he said "nah he used to play for palace" as he doesn't remember the Murray years.

What do you reckon I should do? Bear in mind that my dad will be giving him the shirt the weekend of 21st Aug.

How about BERTY and the number 23?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
My Mrs got me that one last year. It looks stupid and she spelt it Bertie. Rarely worn.

I recently said to my mrs, "you may think it is a nice thought but please don't buy me an Albion shirt, and don't even consider a name on the back" IMO, this should only be for kids

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The answer to your problem is simple:

Bruno

Captain, Flair, Beard, legend, going nowhere. All boxes ticked.

Explain the genius that is Bruno to the lad, he needs to understand this.
It is your duty to make sure he does. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Answer already provided by the sock of Paul Reid.
If you want to talk football with him, you could just point out that the window is open and players can come and go before it closes. The good news is that it seems we'll have more in than out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here