Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood: Bloom's determination to keep star players won me over [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Albion new boy Oliver Norwood gets the ball away from Andrew Crofts while on international duty

Oliver Norwood has revealed how Albion’s transfer-market tenacity persuaded him to sign.
The 25-year-old midfielder joined the Seagulls last night from Reading on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
He had one year left on his deal with the Royals.
The Argus understands the arrival of the current Northern Ireland international, who grew up in Burnley, is not associated to any developments regarding his hometown club and Dale Stephens.
Norwood has declared himself raring to go if selected in the Championship opener at Derby on Saturday, when his new club will be missing the suspended Stephens.
He said: “You hear what the chairman is saying and the players he wants to keep at the football club and it is an exciting project.
“It all moved very quickly and it’s exciting for me to look forward to coming to Brighton.
“For me as a player, the fact they were trying to keep players was a big thing.

“I looked at the squad, how close they went last year and the chairman has said he wants to keep that group together “I can’t talk about the bids he has turned down but you read bits in the press and it looks like exciting times at Brighton.”Norwood, who came through the youth ranks at Manchester United and had a stint at Huddersfield, aims to make things tick from midfield.
5342742.jpg

Oliver Norwood after signing for Albion. Picture by Paul Hazlewood
He said: “I can play in a two-man midfield or three-man midfield and look to get on the ball and pass it.
“That is something I have always done – get on the ball and get it to the players who will be dangerous in the forward areas.”

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here