Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
norwood-int-030816-l229-3223747_613x460.jpg

Oliver Norwood
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 4th August 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's latest signing hopes to draw his experiences from the summer.
Playing at the Euros was an incredible experience and something that I will hold with me for the rest of my life."
Oliver Norwood
Oliver Norwood is aiming to use his knowledge of playing at the highest level to help Brighton & Hove Albion achieve promotion to the Premier League this season.
The 25-year-old signed a three-year deal at the club yesterday, and hopes that his exploits with Northern Ireland at Euro 2016 can aid Chris Hughton’s men in their push for top-flight football.
He said, “Playing at the Euros was an incredible experience and something that I will hold with me for the rest of my life.
“I want to draw on that and hopefully add a bit of experience of playing in those games and the big occasions that come with them.”
Norwood follows in the footsteps of fellow Northern Ireland international Aaron Hughes, who gave the club a glowing reference following his time on the south coast.
“I spoke to Hughesy about his time here and he spoke so highly of the club, mentioning the facilities, the stadium and that it’s set up to go to the Premier League.
“He’s a wonderful person that’s achieved so much. I know he didn’t get the game time he would have liked here, but if I have half the career he has, then I’ll be very happy.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The former Huddersfield and Reading midfielder says the prospect of playing for Chris Hughton made his move from Reading a straightforward decision.
“What he has done in football speaks for itself. When I had a conversation with him, I was sold on the club. He told me his vision for the team and what he wants to do.
“My ambition is to play in the Premier League and I am sure the ambition of everyone at Brighton is to get there as quickly as possible. Having had that conversation with the gaffer, it was an easy decision for me to come to the football club.
“I have played against Brighton on numerous occasions; it was always a team that I have looked at from afar and admired the way they play football.
“I like to get on the ball and pass it. I like to make things happen, get assists and chip in with a few goals. I haven’t scored too many lately, but it’s something I do want to add to my game!
“I just want to get on the ball and make things happen. When we haven’t got the ball, I want to win it back as quickly as I can and win as many tackles as possible.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here