One dead, several hurt in central London knife attack

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Doesn't look good.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Mental health or gang violence are possibilities, although why you would stab a 60 year old woman to death because your in a gang I don't know. There are Muslim street gangs in parts of London especially Summers Town not too far away, but it won't be that just a squabble over turf.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Both the Mayor of London and the Met Police appealing for public calm, BBC currently not giving the story as much exposure as might be expected. Mmm.......

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I actually really do wonder what their agenda is or are they just useless now

Although a lead story on Sky news very little detail other than 19 year old man arrested and details on the 1 death and injuries.
It looks like the Police are controlling the detail with mental health up front with terrorism not being ruled out at this stage.
Whatever the motivation behind the attack yet more people in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The French just shoot dead people who run amok in public knifing and shooting people, shouldn't we consider doing the same? I'm not overly happy contributing to locking them up for life. Does this make me a bad person or just old and stuck in the past?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The French just shoot dead people who run amok in public knifing and shooting people, shouldn't we consider doing the same? I'm not overly happy contributing to locking them up for life. Does this make me a bad person or just old and stuck in the past?

Hmmmm... when you consider over 200 deaths caused by terrorism in 8 months I find that highly justifiable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What? It's their lead story, and they have publicised all of the information the police have given them. What the BBC does not do is speculate, which I suppose is what you want?

The BBC is obviously the Andy Naylor of mainstream media :jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmmm... when you consider over 200 deaths caused by terrorism in 8 months I find that highly justifiable.

I am not just talking about terrorists but anyone who goes out on the street to kill strangers

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Quote BBC report :
The mayor added: "I have spoken with the commissioner, and the assistant commissioner, who have assured me that our police officers are working extremely hard to investigate exactly what has happened and to keep the rest of us safe.

Well I really think the police need that confidence boost, given how hard they do work already!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36972126

Except they have speculated that it is a mental health matter.

terroristchart.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here