Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex with a leg in plaster

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
My son fell down the stairs today and has broken his ankle so 6 weeks in plaster, can't do his planned summer internship at B&W in Steyning and is worried about how he can watch the first few games of the season. We park in the uni so am hoping I can access CP4 or 5 and a bus to the ground but has anyone experience of sitting in the ground in this state?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
My son fell down the stairs today and has broken his ankle so 6 weeks in plaster, can't do his planned summer internship at B&W in Steyning and is worried about how he can watch the first few games of the season. We park in the uni so am hoping I can access CP4 or 5 and a bus to the ground but has anyone experience of sitting in the ground in this state?

Both my sons were on crutches last season (at the same time!!)
The club were brilliant. We emailed Paul Barber and he put me through to someone else who moved my children (and wife) to the disabled section for a couple of months so they wouldn't miss out.
Parked at uni and took bus to/from the disabled car park.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I was on crutches as well a few years back - and the club were brilliant.

One word of warning though - don't sit in the normal stands as I did (lower west) - you'll need plenty of space and
room to move around; people running up and down the aisles scared the sh*t out of me in case they
trod on my [fusioned big toe'd] foot. Not sure what the disabled section offers - but sounds like a good plan.

Jul 7, 2003
I had a knee replacement at the start of last season. I contacted the club as the WSU was not going to be practical and they arranged for me to switch to the ESU where there are lifts for those with walking difficulties. I used Seagull travel to get to games and they were great in reserving seats at the front of the coach. The walk from the coach park was easy.

Assuming he has movement from the knee then he should fit into a normal seat but I would ask for an aisle seat so he can stretch his leg out into the aisle if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here