Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 tickets for £10 each offer for Rotherham

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Season ticket holders can buy 2 tickets for £10 each for friends and family in the North, South, or in the West stand corners.

Looks like loads of tickets have sold. The main south stand blocks don't seem to be available.

A good offer from the club. Will this push it close to a sell out or just a few less empty seats?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A Tuesday night vs Rotherham will be nowhere near selling out, even if they were giving tickets away. Especially with the trains banjo'd.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair play to the club for wheeling out the bargain bucket offers already, its exactly what you need to do for this type of fixture. But honestly, its like trying to sell off the last of the stale egg mayo sandwiches in the "reduced" section at Tesco. The ones where the corners are already starting to curl. You can stick a cheapo yellow label on it, but its still going to be a shit sandwich that most people will regard for about 5 seconds, before thinking better of it and moving on.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fair play to the club for wheeling out the bargain bucket offers already, its exactly what you need to do for this type of fixture. But honestly, its like trying to sell off the last of the stale egg mayo sandwiches in the "reduced" section at Tesco. The ones where the corners are already starting to curl. You can stick a cheapo yellow label on it, but its still going to be a shit sandwich that most people will regard for about 5 seconds, before thinking better of it and moving on.

With all due respect to Tesco (shittest supermarket out of the 'big 5') their reductions are usually a joke - a going out of date sarnie being reduced from £2.30 to £1.90 is about their ball park.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Just a few less empty seats then!

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Paid full whack for my tickets but was only CAT C and it's the first non televised home game of the season! Bring it on despite the opposition, there to watch the Albion anyway! :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can't see why they restrict these kind of games to Season Ticket holders.

Maybe a window for season ticket holders to grab what they need, then open house to anybody that wants to come.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Some season ticket holders don't like discount offers being thrown out to the general public as they feel it devalues the discount they benefit from as season ticket holders in comparison to matchday prices.

The club has a strategy of pandering to these concerns and therefore generally only offers individual matchday discount offers to limited groups (e.g. students), or to season ticket holders themselves to buy extra tickets. Hopefully if you want to go, you know someone with a season ticket who can access the offer for you. They do do the 3 matches for £X deals sometimes but with limited choice of game catagories they often don't work out that much cheaper than face value.

It's a shame because cheap ticket offers for individual games could bring in new fans.

I suppose is a case of the club priortising the views of season ticket holders over increasing matchday income and drawing in new fans. To some extent..

Jan 30, 2008
just lower match day ticket prices :whistle:
regards
DR

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some season ticket holders don't like discount offers being thrown out to the general public as they feel it devalues the discount they benefit from as season ticket holders in comparison to matchday prices.

The club has a strategy of pandering to these concerns and therefore generally only offers individual matchday discount offers to limited groups (e.g. students), or to season ticket holders themselves to buy extra tickets. Hopefully if you want to go, you know someone with a season ticket who can access the offer for you. They do do the 3 matches for £X deals sometimes but with limited choice of game catagories they often don't work out that much cheaper than face value.

It's a shame because cheap ticket offers for individual games could bring in new fans.

I suppose is a case of the club priortising the views of season ticket holders over increasing matchday income and drawing in new fans. To some extent..
Indeed. I wonder if anyone's asked STHs: "Would you rather see the ground full(ish) or would you rather your financial investment was protected?" I'm guessing (and I have absolutely NO statistics to back this up) that if you asked that question on NSC most would opt for the 'full ground' option as most NSC-ers are Brighton fans first and foremost and want the best for the club. Yeah it's not ideal, they might say, but a full ground means more sales of 'extras' and the chance that the cheapo fans might enjoy it and come back to a full-priced game. (More chance of that if the extra numbers lead to a better atmosphere which everyone appreciates).

However (and again I have no statistics to back this up) a proportion of the STHs may not be die-hard Brighton fans but just people who like to watch football and whose main club allegiance may lie elsewhere. They may not be so keen so see their investment cheapened.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. I wonder if anyone's asked STHs: "Would you rather see the ground full(ish) or would you rather your financial investment was protected?" I'm guessing (and I have absolutely NO statistics to back this up) that if you asked that question on NSC most would opt for the 'full ground' option as most NSC-ers are Brighton fans first and foremost and want the best for the club. Yeah it's not ideal, they might say, but a full ground means more sales of 'extras' and the chance that the cheapo fans might enjoy it and come back to a full-priced game. (More chance of that if the extra numbers lead to a better atmosphere which everyone appreciates).

However (and again I have no statistics to back this up) a proportion of the STHs may not be die-hard Brighton fans but just people who like to watch football and whose main club allegiance may lie elsewhere. They may not be so keen so see their investment cheapened.

I'm not sure that the issue is really the fear that STH would be upset by low ticket offers for all. More that if these were regular, it would tip the balance for some towards not feeling the need to renew their ST.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure that the issue is really the fear that STH would be upset by low ticket offers for all. More that if these were regular, it would tip the balance for some towards not feeling the need to renew their ST.

If there are too many, possibly yes.But as a STH you're guaranteed a ticket for all the big, important games whereas us Big Game Charlies have to scrabble for tickets. Would you really sacrifice that just because you can watch the likes of Rotherham and Barnsley on a Tuesday night for a tenner?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

A significant number of STH 'investment' is constantly devalued by being unable - for perfectly valid reasons - to attend midweek matches which are rapidly becoming the norm rather than the exception. They don't attend, they don't pass their thicket on. Its just an empty seat with zero spend. IMHO there should be a fair and transparent method of gaining a partial recoup of STH 'investment' for games they cannot attend. Especially this season when the trains are not fit for purpose. The alternative is that STH will just jack it in and will increasingly elect to only attend Saturday 3pm KO matches, buying tickets so late in the day that SKY can't mess up expensive well-laid plans and where the supporting transport infrastructure at least gives them a sporting chance of getting to the game and getting home again without transport anxiety overshadowing the game they've come to watch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If there are too many, possibly yes.But as a STH you're guaranteed a ticket for all the big, important games whereas us Big Game Charlies have to scrabble for tickets. Would you really sacrifice that just because you can watch the likes of Rotherham and Barnsley on a Tuesday night for a tenner?

I wouldn't, no. Some might though, if they were already 'borderline'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here