Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the u-23s will make the biggest breakthrough this season?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
From what I've seen collar and molumby will do well for us

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be interesting to see who plays vs Colchester, as presumably very few of the 18 who feature at Derby will be involved given the Forest match coming up on the Friday night.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Will be interesting to see who plays vs Colchester, as presumably very few of the 18 who feature at Derby will be involved given the Forest match coming up on the Friday night.

Something like this I imagine:
Maenpaa

Hornby-Forbes
White
Hall
Canadian left back who's name escapes me

Bjordal
Sidwell (c)
Molumby
Ince
Murphy

Baldock

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Something like this I imagine:
Maenpaa

Hornby-Forbes
White
Hall
Canadian left back who's name escapes me

Bjordal
Sidwell (c)
Molumby
Ince
Murphy

Baldock

Sam Adekugbe is the fullback.

Any breakthrough is probably going to be down to injuries and luck (or someone else's bad luck) over the course of the season. That first league cup game aside, in defence I'd fancy existing first team squad members would be shuffled around first. In midfield Bjordal must have a chance and Molumby. If he keeps scoring then Hambo could make the bench. That's about it in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sam Adekugbe is the fullback.

Any breakthrough is probably going to be down to injuries and luck (or someone else's bad luck) over the course of the season. That first league cup game aside, in defence I'd fancy existing first team squad members would be shuffled around first. In midfield Bjordal must have a chance and Molumby. If he keeps scoring then Hambo could make the bench. That's about it in my opinion.

Molumby does seem to be a really bright prospect, but he's only 16 / 17 and plays in a position where we have strength, and where I reckon Hughton would be unlikely to trust a very young player. His time will come.

Dallison. Or Maenpaa if you count him. Hambo and Hunt will play in the cup.

Dallison is out on a season loan.

Amex_Charlie

Dec 17, 2010
Brighton
Ben Hall, Bjordal, Hunt and Hambo look good to challenge this season.
From what I've seen Collar, Molumby, Cadman and Cox look good enough to challenge in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
About time Harper put in an appearance or left the club
Strange one. From hot prospect at Real Madrid to potentially struggling to make a career in football.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
It's difficult as we've got cover in most positions. I would normally suggest Bjordal but there is SO much competition there.

Having watched most if not all the U21 games last season (at Crawley) I'd suggest Molumby is the biggest prospect we've got, but this season might be to soon for him to 'break through'.

Hunt, White could get game time in the League Cup, as could Hall. Hambo has also had a productive pre-season so might be in contention.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why did we bother to sign Tyler-Forbes if Hunt is ahead of him for the Colchester match ?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Surprised Dallison was loaned out so early in the window considering Hunemeier is out til Sept and Goldson wasnt going to be ready for first 2 weeks, why not loan him out at end of August?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Strange one. From hot prospect at Real Madrid to potentially struggling to make a career in football.

Unless Real Madrid keep their hot prospects out of sight in their third team, that they then disband and release, I think you may be reading too much into the pre-transfer talk ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here