Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOSBTS - Is there a version without trumpets?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Evening all,

Me and Ms Spongy are deciding on the wedding music for when people are going into the Registry Office for the ceremony and shes just sprung on me that she wants Sussex By The Sea playing.

I've said yes but we're sitting here on the Internet listening to all versions and honestly I'm not sure. Trumpets don't sound that great for weddings.

Are there any instrumental versions done on different instruments kicking about? Such as a piano or acoustic guitar?

I'm having trouble finding any, if they even exist?

Any of you guys know of any?

Cheers

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Evening all,

Me and Ms Spongy are deciding on the wedding music for when people are going into the Registry Office for the ceremony and shes just sprung on me that she wants Sussex By The Sea playing.

I've said yes but we're sitting here on the Internet listening to all versions and honestly I'm not sure. Trumpets don't sound that great for weddings.

Are there any instrumental versions done on different instruments kicking about? Such as a piano or acoustic guitar?

I'm having trouble finding any, if they even exist?

Any of you guys know of any?

Cheers

I'm puzzled as to why you think trumpets don't sound great for weddings? One of the most popular pieces of music for a bridal entry is Trumpet Voluntary Jeremiah Clarke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhdw2EZWtbA

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Got married this year and had the club version played as I entered the room with my best men, sounded great, trumpets and all!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I just never thought of SBTS as a wedding song, usually women go for romantic pieces.

Just seems a bit "in your face" for a wedding.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I just never thought of SBTS as a wedding song, usually women go for romantic pieces.

I went to a wedding where the bride & groom left to SBTS. They were both season ticket holders.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I went to a wedding where the bride & groom left to SBTS. They were both season ticket holders.
My brother used the music at his wedding a few years back. I was his best man. Needless to say, football i.e. the Albion, was the dominant topic in my speech!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here