Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Albion related book

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone got a particular favourite? I've read most of the best-known ones: Build a Bonfire, More Than 90 Minutes, Mad Man but the two I enjoy the most are the Albion: On This Day (a great one for dipping in and out of) and Garry Nelson's Left Foot Forward. Not strictly Brighton as he was at Charlton then but he mentions us often, a great player for us and it's very well written.

Any others I ought to buy? Is Gullhanger any good?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Anyone got a particular favourite? I've read most of the best-known ones: Build a Bonfire, More Than 90 Minutes, Mad Man but the two I enjoy the most are the Albion: On This Day (a great one for dipping in and out of) and Garry Nelson's Left Foot Forward. Not strictly Brighton as he was at Charlton then but he mentions us often, a great player for us and it's very well written.

Any others I ought to buy? Is Gullhanger any good?

Gull hanger was a free download when Igot it but not sure if that is still the case

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apart from the crying - way OTT IMHO - I think Gullhanger is a good read.

I have a copy you can borrow.

As for BHAOTD: yes, it is probably the best Albion book there is. ;)

Cheers matey, and I need to buy a new On This Day. I gave my copy to my youngest.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I quite enjoyed Alan Mullery's autobiography although that wasn't strictly all about Albion of course

A very enjoyable read I admit. The only problem with Mullers though, is that he is tends to get a bit carried away at times. In the early part of the book he was describing his life in London during the war years. He must have an incredible memory as he was only 3 years of age when the war ended.

Well worth reading nevertheless.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I love the two Carder and Harris books: the history of Brighton and the A-Z. It's great reading about some of the old days ... before even Ben's Grandad was born :)

D

Deleted member 2719

More Than 90 Minutes.

Because those pictures tell a thousand words.

Oh and because I am in it!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The Bible.

Following the Albion is often like reading Jeremiah at times. A number of NSCers fitting the role of the 'weeping prophet'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here