Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the best place in Brighton to sell 1950's / 1960's collectible vinyl?...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have 40 odd 7 inch 45's including The Beatles first single Love Me Do on red Parlophone and several other rare singles as well as some mid-range and lower range ones.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's a good question. I was watching a programme the other day where an original copy of Axis Bold As Love, in not great condition, went for £170! Just makes you wonder how much some of our old vinyl can make.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
PM me the details on what you have - and the condition they are in - and I'll look up the current prices on the Rare Record Price Guide. To be honest, you'll get better prices selling them individually on eBay if you've got rare items in top notch condition. Dealers in Brighton will always pay less than top dollar, as they'll be looking to make their margin on top.

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
I sold most of mine (70's/80's punk/new wave/rock) on ebay. Got decent prices. You need to do some research to ensure you're listing the correct issue/pressing. Lots of info on https://www.discogs.com/search/

Exactly so. You also have to give as much info as you can about the condition (visual grade - how it looks *eg bright and glossy, no feelable scratches, and play grade - how it sounds). Some records look great but don't sound it. Others look to have plenty of surface marks and scuffs but play surprisingly well. This may help: http://rarerecordpriceguide.com/condition-rating

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have 40 odd 7 inch 45's including The Beatles first single Love Me Do on red Parlophone and several other rare singles as well as some mid-range and lower range ones.

Type 1 or Type 2 sleeve. for Love me Do, i.e is made in Gt. Britain printed below the Parlophone £ sign. Much better as others have stated to sell separately but you need to do full research to list all the details that would fetch a higher price.

Good luck with you win fall

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I've also got Love Me Do with a red Parlophone label, but the sleeve has gone west. I also stupidly wrote my initials on it, when I took it to a party, so that it didn't walk.
Parlophone changed to black labels after that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Record Album, 8 Terminus Rd,Brighton is close to the Railway Station,this shop has been open since 1948,give them a ring on 01273 323853 to see if they are interested

It's an amazing place isn't it? Hasn't the same bloke been running it since the early 60s?

D

Deleted member 2719

I have a Slade fan club floppy 7 inch, some say it's worthless, but it's always given me a lot of pleasure.

The Sock of Poskett

Jun 12, 2009
If anyone else has old vinyl they are looking to sell, happy to look up the going price for you if you let me have basic info on condition, catalogue number etc.
NB Not really looking to buy myself, but glad to pass on useful info and advice to NSC members so you get the best price you can. :thumbsup:

N17

Jun 21, 2011
www.eil.com

They will buy whole collections. Worth a look on the site to see if they have similar to what you want to sell and gauge a rough a idea of value.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
There is no 'best place' in Brighton to sell vinyl. Two of the three shops that I can think of are run by odious individuals. I would rather pay a higher price elsewhere than subsidise their lifestyle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here