Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upgraded phone - Data transfer

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What's the easiest way to transfer ALL data (inc apps) to a new phone. Samsung Galaxy upgrade.

Is this doable?

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy J3. I transferred the data by bluetooth from my other phone. I had problems setting my email up on it, but Samsung's Customer services helpline was excellent - 0330 7267864 - Give them a call.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What's the easiest way to transfer ALL data (inc apps) to a new phone. Samsung Galaxy upgrade.

Is this doable?

Yep, just download the Samsung Smartswitch app from the app store - recently did so myself and it worked perfectly. It does everything for you.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've just had to upgrade to a Samsung galaxy a3 as I knocked a pint onto my beanbag whilst intoxicated and drowned my old phone in beer, lost everything , fml

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did the same with my HTC when I upgraded it. Just downloaded a transfer app, put the phones next to each other and bluetoothed it all over, took about 10 minutes. Apps, pictures, files, the lot, and everything worked right off the bat. Amazing.

I was expecting a right NAUSE.

Yoda

English & European
Mine came with one of these to transfer account/apps during the setup:
samsung-galaxy-s7-first-48-aa-6-of-38-840x473.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like a dongle...not sure why you'd need that if both phones have Bluetooth ???

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Looks like a dongle...not sure why you'd need that if both phones have Bluetooth ???

It's a female > male USB converter. So you plug the small cable connector into your current phone and the USB end into that so you can connect both phones via a cable. Mighty handy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's a female > male USB converter. So you plug the small cable connector into your current phone and the USB end into that so you can connect both phones via a cable. Mighty handy.

Ahh ok.

I still got more of a THRILL doing it wirelessly though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here