Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2016 civil banning orders. Is this fair?

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
image.jpeg

Banned from attending any events at the AMEX, non football related including weddings. This cant be right on a civil ban?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Discussed at length on NSC when the Argus reported the banning orders. Suggest you locate that thread little point repeating again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 76912

Banned from attending any events at the AMEX, non football related including weddings. This cant be right on a civil ban?

The Albion can impose their own ban, and dictate the terms as they see fit - they don't have to tally with the terms of the Banning Order.

But as you say - for non-football events, it would be harsh. I do not suppose that is the intention, and I'd expect that a polite enquiry would see the restriction lifted for a wedding, or similar.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Discussed at length on NSC when the Argus reported the banning orders. Suggest you locate that thread little point repeating again.

Who made you adjudicator of what can and can't be discussed on NSC ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
leaving aside entirely the matter of the cause of the banning order, its not unfair for a private organisation to ban someone from their premises. they need good, legal reason, and it opens up a loverly can of equal rights worms. the wording in the suggests exceptions can be made by prior discussion.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
View attachment 76912

Go to the Human right lawyers and get it over turned. The Brighton hooligans who smashed the pump house pub up got life time bans from the club and some hooligans got the HRL involved and won at the high Court. The court told Brighton football club they were breaching their human rights so the club caved in and allowed them back.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Inevitable I think.

Not so sure about just wanting a 'happy relaxed family atmosphere at matches' though.

In the family section (where I often go), for sure. I'd like the rest of the stadium to be a cauldron and more intimidating for away teams.

Jan 30, 2008
Go to the Human right lawyers and get it over turned. The Brighton hooligans who smashed the pump house pub up got life time bans from the club and some hooligans got the HRL involved and won at the high Court. The court told Brighton football club they were breaching their human rights so the club caved in and allowed them back.
and away games
regards
DR

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I see it as both inevitable and correct.

yes it has been discussed on here a hundred time about what actually happened and I am not questioning that.

But the club have to make a stand and set an example to try and discourage people from football violence. Whether justified or not football banning orders were given and this is just the next step. It even says to get in touch when the banning order expires, upon which they would probably revoke it - it's just something they have to do

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If you turned up at a wedding how would anyone on duty that day know who you were given you wouldn't have to scan in ? Idle threat that can't be backed up.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
and away games
regards
DR

Yup. I was at Millwall and said to two of them i thought you had life bans?, They told me they took the club to court and won and the courts told BHAFC they were breaking the law as it infringes their human rights and the club sent them letters saying they're welcomed back.

Jan 30, 2008
Yup. I was at Millwall and said to two of them i thought you had life bans?, They told me they took the club to court and won and the courts told BHAFC they were breaking the law as it infringes their human rights and the club sent them letters saying they're welcomed back.
yep seen G a few times as well:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

It is crazy that the courts can say that - they are a private company and have the right to refuse anyone entry don't they?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here