Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guiness

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
This is a new one on me but last night I was served a pint of Guiness that had a very very distinct vinegary taste (sent back obviously) ... had any else ever had a bad pint of the Black Stuff ?:drink:

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Guinness is a strange ine for me, i can drink up to three pints ,anymore and I'm sick, i can drink about six or seven bitters, but if I have one Guinness as well, im sick. A shame cos I really like Guiness :sick:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm a fairly late starter to Guinness drinking, tried it a few times over the years and didn't like it, I made myself drink it for a few months and now I love the bloody stuff !
Started off with a drop of blackcurrent in it, that helped but now just straight Guinness is my tipple.
Don't like it from cans though, has to be draught.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I love Guiness and have never had a bad pint. It's best served in a plastic cup at the rugby in your seat in view of the pitch!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bottled Guinness was the first 'drink' I ever had. I think I was about 15, so by some standards a late starter. The taste stayed with me for a couple of days. Didn't put me off but didn't turn me into an habitual Guinness drinker either. But I've never had a 'bad' pint of the stuff in the 46 years that have elapsed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I switched to Guinness as my predominant pint in the pub a couple of years ago. I will still drink real ale if available, but it has to be top, top quality. Drinking Guinness means you can drink in more pubs too, as you're not being dictated at by whether a pub sells good bitter.

I really do sleep well after a few Guinness as well for whatever reason compared to other tipples.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Once had a chap behind the bar tell me there was nothing wrong with the Ale when it tasted like vinegar and was as cloudy as scrumpy....

It's one of the problems with real ale. There are too many pubs selling it who don't know what they're doing with it and how to keep it.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Having drunk it for many years, I know that Guinness can hugely vary in quality, largely dependant on the turnover of it in any particular pub which then, of course, determines how fresh it is. When I go into a pub I don't know, I'll always check to see if anyone is drinking Guinness and, if so, I'll check out how it looks before deciding what to have. If it's a busy pub and no-one is drinking it, I'll probably have something else as it almost certainly won't be in the best condition. Best pint ever? At the Guinness brewery in Dublin, of course. It couldn't be any fresher!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm a fairly late starter to Guinness drinking, tried it a few times over the years and didn't like it, I made myself drink it for a few months and now I love the bloody stuff !
Started off with a drop of blackcurrent in it, that helped but now just straight Guinness is my tipple.
Don't like it from cans though, has to be draught.

Remember when Mark Lawrenson signed for Brighton the medical team thought Lawrenson was diabetic as he had very high blood sugar levels. Turned out he had been drinking copious amounts of Guinness and blackcurrant while on holiday with his Preston team mates.

Must admit I also started my Guinness drinking days with a bit of blackcurrant in!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If you get in Dicks at midday (3pm kickoff :ohmy:) you can get a dodgy Guinness - tastes like they have been cleaning out the pipes with soap :sick:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here