NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That actually sounds quite interesting.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He's a bit late , we have been watching football the way we are told to for years now , sometimes you even have to pay different prices to watch the same thing from the same seat .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That seems more of a tactical thing than a "sit in your seat and open your eyes" masterclass. Actually a bit tempted to go along.

Hmm, it looked to me like he had a book to sell and wanted a way to promote it. It's not something I'd want to give up an evening for ... but each to his own

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
For years I've been rolling up to games and watching the football. Apparently, I've been doing it wrong and should have paid £20 to have lessons in football watching,

http://www.howtoacademy.com/courses/how-to-watch-football?mc_cid=49ce8a33d6&mc_eid=444d1ba4ba

Rope. Money. Old. For

There's quite a big difference between watching a match and reading a game though, and this is clearly going to be the latter.

It's not something I'd rush out to get tickets for, but it probably be interesting. They'd be some decent insight (you'd assume) from an exceptionally good footballer, and at £30 for an hour long talk, as well as a copy of his book it's actually pretty decent value for money if this sort of thing interests you.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I love the fact that there is the option to not go for earlybird pricing and instead pay £5 more?

It sounds interesting, but a lot of his views will have been put across in his punditry, I also think that everyone watches the game differently because we are interested in different things. My son will pretty much only watch the wings because he loves pacey wingers, he doesn't care what movement a player does to get in the box as long as they get near the end of the cross! (he is only 6 mind)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
There appears to be a fundamental flaw with the structure of this masterclass.
The blurb on the website informs us that "from his unrivalled perspective as player, manager and pundit, the Dutch football legend shows us everything to look for in a 90-minute match."
As the evening runs from 6.45pm to 8pm which is only 75 minutes in length this means there will be 15 minutes of the match not accounted for..
And considering he will also be interweaving the story of his own career into the evenings proceedings this will further impact on the time devoted to critical analysis. I'm beginning to feel short changed already.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Perhaps all the people on here that rate Baldock can club together and treat all of us who don't rate Baldock to an evening with Ruud?

After all, it's a given that anyone who doesn't rate Baldock isn't... "watching the game properly"... apparently :shrug:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If I lived in London and had some money I'd probably go as it'll probably be quite interesting. But I don't.

Isn't Shearer doing one? I might be able to afford that one, with his breadth of knowledge.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Instead of spending £20 or more, a free how to watch a game from my wife.

1. Sit down
2. Turn Kindle on (or open a book)
3. Read the story
4. If everyone around you gets excited and jumps about, stay seated and keep reading the book.
5. Turn Kindle off (or close book)
6. Leave

When asked about the game, answer the ground looked good.
If pushed on tactics, respond with. Just kick it to someone else with the same colour shirt on, and then kick it in the goal, its an easy game.

Now you know why some grounds resemble a library.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Perhaps all the people on here that rate Baldock can club together and treat all of us who don't rate Baldock to an evening with Ruud?

After all, it's a given that anyone who doesn't rate Baldock isn't... "watching the game properly"... apparently :shrug:
👍 well said

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
There is an interesting point to be made here.

Beram Kayal was voted Albion fans' Player of the Season last season - by quite a distance, yet didn't feature in too many professionals' lists for Player of the Season, where Dale Stephens and Lewis Dunk did.

What we see (or what we think we see) in a match and what professionals see are sometimes two different things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here