Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads up: Train Problems London To Derby (Bridge Collapse)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good spot.
I'll be amazed if that is all cleared up by the weekend. Diversions abound I should think.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who is now in a panic over Derby trains

Bridge collapse over lines no trains running on East Midlands line with no date given for full repair. Report on BBC news

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I used to live in Barrow on Soar. The bridge has fallen on the main line from Leicester to Derby, but there is a small suburban line (the Ivanhoe line) next to it that goes through the other arch of the bridge. It may be possible to clear that line quite quickly to allow some main line trains to go through it.

As others have said, you can get to Derby via Birmingham anyway.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good spot.
I'll be amazed if that is all cleared up by the weekend. Diversions abound I should think.

German bomber? Should fix it in a few hours? :mad:

Are are matches with Derby cursed ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Passengers for Derby should travel via London Euston and Birmingham New Street

You may use your ticket on the following:
CrossCountry on any reasonable route
TransPennine Express and Northern between Sheffield and Doncaster
Virgin Trains East Coast between Doncaster and London Kings Cross
Virgin Trains and London Midland between Birmingham New Street and London Euston

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
If the disruption is still going on then yes. As is stated above, go via Birmingham for Derby. If you're going from Reading it 'might' be worth asking if the guard if you can go on their direct Reading to Derby Crosscountry service.

Thanks! When I booked up none of those direct cross country services were running on the Saturday which is why I booked via London in the first place.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Thanks! When I booked up none of those direct cross country services were running on the Saturday which is why I booked via London in the first place.

Ahh yes, now you mention it, there were works last weekend between Didcot and Oxford, so it's quite likely it's this weekend too.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Ahh yes, now you mention it, there were works last weekend between Didcot and Oxford, so it's quite likely it's this weekend too.

092962ebe6d41595cef9fe3500427114.jpg

Staring me in the face right now :lol:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
East Midlands latest announcement

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/information/media/Disruption-Information/DISRUPTION-Leicester---Loughborough/?hootPostID=0b0fa52ed8b8dd7a9858fe55ea7264db

SEVERE DISRUPTION: Leicester - Loughborough
Updated Information: 21:20Following today’s disruption, investigations are still ongoing by Network Rail in to the partially collapsed road bridge at Barrow-upon-Soar. Network Rail will continue to work through the night to make the bridge safe and repair any damage caused to the track.
At the current time, we are working towards providing a near normal train service tomorrow but strongly advise that you check with us before travel especially customers travelling from Loughborough, Barrow upon Soar, Syston and Sileby.

Derby
If you are travelling Southbound from Derby you must use an alternative route via Birmingham to London Euston.
If you are travelling Northbound from London to Derby you must use an alternative route from London Euston via Birmingham

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
East Midlands Railways update at 12:00.

Bridge has been repaired and line is open.
They said they hope to have normal schedule by 14:45 today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here