Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MURRAY SETTLING IN WELL

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
PUBLISHED
06:00 2nd August 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's striker is adapting well to the team's style of play.
I’m still learning a little bit, but every time I train with them I am learning a bit more and feel like I am getting up to speed now."
Glenn Murray
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Glenn Murray reflected on his second home debut for the club against Lazio and feels he is gradually settling into the squad.
Murray played the full 90 minutes against the Serie A side and was delighted to grace the Amex turf in a tough test.
He told SeagullsPlayer HD, “It was a good game and I thought we did well in the first half. It turned into more of a pre-season game in the second half, but all in all it was a good work-out.
“They are a very strong side and it showed in the way they kept hold of the ball and moved it.
“The pitch is looking good and I’m just looking forward to getting started and being in a packed stadium next time.”
Murray was full of praise for the club’s wingers, with the likes of Anthony Knockaert, Jamie Murphy and Jiri Skalak delivering dangerous balls into the box.
“He [Knockaert] came in off the wing, linked up well and we almost made a few things happen together.
“I’m sure we will develop more of an understanding as the season goes on.
“As far as I’m concerned, I’m still learning a little bit, but every time I train with them I am learning a bit more and feel like I am getting up to speed now.
“We play with wingers who always come in and cross. That’s a little bit different, but I am definitely learning all the time and enjoying it.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The experienced frontman then looked ahead to the opening day match at Derby County and says the squad is not consumed by thoughts of replicating the fast start to last season.
“I don’t think we’re striving to meet that, that hasn’t been mentioned, we just need to collect points as often as possible and if that’s four wins and a draw, then I’ll take that.
“Last year was a special year for the club, but this is a new challenge and we will be aiming to beat that.
“It will be a very tough task facing Derby away, they have got a new manager and will be out to impress.
“It doesn’t get any tougher, but bring it on. That’s what we’ve got to deal with week in, week out in the Championship.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here