Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worried vs. Not worried

Well; are we premier league ready, or trying to ice skate up hill?

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So here we are, not long to go until the dawn of the new season is upon us... So given the squad, given the interest in our players, given the injuries and our opening run of fixtures are you worried we can succeed this year? Or not worried and positive we can challenge for the PO and promotion picture.

I say this with the following in mind, that we retain at least three of the four 'stars' and that we bring in 2 more players of proven quality. Do you believe that this will be enough or nay?

What say you?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
So here we are, not long to go until the dawn of the new season is upon us... So given the squad, given the interest in our players, given the injuries and our opening run of fixtures are you worried we can succeed this year? Or not worried and positive we can challenge for the PO and promotion picture.

I say this with the following in mind, that we retain at least three of the four 'stars' and that we bring in 2 more players of proven quality. Do you believe that this will be enough or nay?

What say you?

Stay as we are and top six is pretty much nailed on. Buy a decent striker to compliment Murray/Hemed and top two is realistic.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm more worried you haven't signed 'Kosh' at the bottom of your post.

That was during the third age of Kosh, this is the fourth. Kind of like the iPhone 5s, just less clunky and, dare I say, better... Ahem.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes, I've voted worried.

Why Kdogg? For the love of God why?

Well, brace yourselves.

I think we were a wee bit lucky last season, this combined with Bong, Lua-Lua, March et al starting the season like greased Cougars. This year I think we'll start slow, fail to build momentum early and fall short. And this even if we retain the current crop and even add to it. The additions won't gel/arrive until Jan... nah I'm worried.

We've stood still for too long this year... I mean to expect Bruno to match last season hmmmm it's going to be tough out there... No surprises this time around, they'll be up at our throats from day one.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'm not sure a team who ended up decimated by injuries to some of our best players for the 2nd quarter of the season can be defined as lucky. Especially as 2 of them never came back the same and 1 never can back at all. The only thing that concerns me is how long we have to deal with how short we are at CB. Keep the rest of the side together and get Goldson back in the next few weeks and we are a much better side than started last season. Get a striker and another midfield and we're pretty much unplayable.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm not sure a team who ended up decimated by injuries to our best players for the 2nd quarter of the season can be defined as lucky. Especially as 2 of them never came back the same and 1 never can back at all. The only thing that concerns me is how long we have to deal with how short we are at CB. Keep the rest of the side together and get Goldson back in the next few weeks and we are a much better side than started last season. Get a striker and another midfield and we're pretty much unplayable.

Naturally I was delighted by our early season form last time around, but we did get the benefit of multiple 1 goal victories early on. Granted we also lost points late in other games as the season progressed, but our early season form generated belief and a fortress mentality. Lose to Derby and, well, it could be difficult to repeat last years early sparkling form...

I hope I'm wrong.

It's a long season, I just don't feel this is going to be ours... Again.

As long as I get to have a day/evening out on the beer with mates, sing a bit, shout at the referee and forget about everyday woes for a few hours then all is well.

Of course getting to the top table would be just the cherry on top, but hey, that's not what it's all about for me and never had been.

Just sit back, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

It has always been thus.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Always a positive to do better the next season, make better the short falls of the previous season.
Score more goals and less draws.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Would have liked to have a full squad in place to start the season but I guess that is easier said than done. Trouble is , as last season showed every point and even goal counts so we need as strong a squad as possible from the off.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not worried, I think Team Amex have their fingers on the pulse. And fully expect some good transfer news soon. Have to say though I'm not sure that Murray will improve the team. He's not impressed me to date...but hope I'm wrong.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes, I've voted worried.

Why Kdogg? For the love of God why?

Well, brace yourselves.

I think we were a wee bit lucky last season, this combined with Bong, Lua-Lua, March et al starting the season like greased Cougars. This year I think we'll start slow, fail to build momentum early and fall short. And this even if we retain the current crop and even add to it. The additions won't gel/arrive until Jan... nah I'm worried.

We've stood still for too long this year... I mean to expect Bruno to match last season hmmmm it's going to be tough out there... No surprises this time around, they'll be up at our throats from day one.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts ever.

We failed to go up with the most points in 20 years. 89 points. 89 points. That is almost two points a game.

We also had a massive injury list over Christmas, which cost us promotion and led to our only bad run of the season. Once we got our full team together we won 13 of our last 20 games.

I'm not saying we won't start slowly, we have a tough start, but don't make up lies about last season to justify it.

We were horrendously unlucky not to go up. Also, you mention Bong and LuaLua starting the season so well. Surely we were unlucky that they got injured when playing well rather than lucky that they played well. March started the season very slowly and then had a great run, again followed by injury.

And, as if that wasn't enough, we had an awful decision in our decisive game when we'd just got back in it. Then, having had to settle for the play offs, we lost four (yes four) players to injury in the first leg of the play offs. And then, when absolutely dominant and back in the game in the second leg, we conceded a goal to an absolutely blatant foul.

Those are the facts. Now tell me exactly how that can be lucky.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not worried, I think Team Amex have their fingers on the pulse. And fully expect some good transfer news soon. Have to say though I'm not sure that Murray will improve the team. He's not impressed me to date...but hope I'm wrong.

So they have their finger in the pulse but have spent three years chasing a player you don't rate?

You trusting man you :wink:

I am worried, we are light at CB, we have had plenty of time to sort that out. Not that efficient of the recruitment team IMO.

We are light up front, we need pace, guile and a goal poacher to play off the lummoxes :)wink:)

The good thing is that we have two players up front who can profit big time form crosses from Skalak and Knocky (assuming he stays..)

Not forgetting we may lose a couple of our best players

Not sure what's to get too excited about at the moment tbh :shrug:

PS I love Murray, the above comments about him are just tongue in cheek

Last edited:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
As long as I get to have a day/evening out on the beer with mates, sing a bit, shout at the referee and forget about everyday woes for a few hours then all is well.

Of course getting to the top table would be just the cherry on top, but hey, that's not what it's all about for me and never had been.

Just sit back, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

It has always been thus.

This! I love going to the football but at the end of the day, A few hours in the pub with my oldest mates followed by a bit of shouting **** at the ref at the top of my voice is pretty much why I love Saturday's. The previous 6 days are but a distant memory until the morning....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here