Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's more healthy for you - Fish & Chips or Curry.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I love curry and fish & Chips but tend to opt for curry's more lately as curry is the same price. I'm deciding whether to have fish & chips or a nice curry this evening.

Yes I know both are junk food but what would you say is worse out of the two?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess it depends on what you have when you go Indian. Mrs Bozza always has a King Prawn Shashlik which is dry and no sauce - I reckon it's considerably more healthy than my sauce-based vindaloo.

And then there are the accompaniments, papadums, naans, onion bhajis and sag paneer are all going to bump the calories and fat in your Indian takeaway.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I guess it depends on what you have when you go Indian. Mrs Bozza always has a King Prawn Shashlik which is dry and no sauce - I reckon it's considerably more healthy than my sauce-based vindaloo.

And then there are the accompaniments, papadums, naans, onion bhajis and sag paneer are all going to bump the calories and fat in your Indian takeaway.

No curry is complete without some Brinjal bhaji (spiced aubergine).

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016

I always have Chicken Balti and it's never creamy and the ingredients are always fresh. I've never had Vindaloo as been told going to the gents can be painful in the mornings.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You can have a healthy takeaway curry like Bozza says. When I am training and on a stricter diet, I go Chicken Shashlik - basically a tandoori kebab with a single chipati.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Curry no sauce or sides or fish and small portion of chips but leave the batter. Either is okay

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Yummy yummy :)

20160801_181922.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I have either of them as treats. The definition of "treat" in my book is that it's not supposed to be healthy.

If I had to choose though, I'd say curry because chillies and spices are very very good for your gut. The batter and stodge of greasy chips and batter-soaked cod/plaice negate any health properties of the fish or mushy peas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here