Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bruno-l229-3217780_613x460.jpg

Bruno
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
06:00 1st August 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's skipper is relishing the start of the new season.
It was a long pre-season, but I think we are ready."
Bruno
Brighton & Hove Albion captain Bruno says his side are now fully prepared for the season ahead, despite a 1-0 defeat to Lazio in the club’s final pre-season friendly yesterday.

The Spaniard reflected on a solid performance against the Serie A club, as he adjusts to playing in the heart of Albion’s defence.
He said, “It was a long pre-season, but I think we are ready. We lost against a good side, had some chances and some good periods where we were looking quite sharp, but now the proper competition starts.
“When you play against good sides, that’s when you give your best and I think we played well against Lazio.
“It’s difficult to play Italian teams because they enjoy defending, are very good tactically and it’s tough to score against them.
“For me it’s tough [playing at centre back], I know I’ve played there before, but it’s difficult.
“In England it’s perhaps even more difficult playing against strikers that weigh more than me and are stronger, but I try to play as smartly as possible and I try to give my best.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The skipper looked ahead to the season opener at Derby next Saturday and says the squad must quickly erase the memories of last season.
“We know how tough it is to play against Derby because they’ve got a really good squad and the expectations there are so high. We are just focused on giving 100 per cent and that’s it.
“It’s so difficult when you’ve had such a great season the year beforehand. It’s not difficult to keep that intensity, but what’s difficult is to get the same points and the same results.
“Sometimes it’s about the small details and we can’t think about last season and just look ahead to this one.
“Last season is gone; every single game is a cup final for us and we need to take each one as it comes.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here