Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge Car Park - Advice Please

el punal

For the upcoming Nottingham Forest game I have to sort out a car parking pass for my son-in-law's parents. This is unknown territory for me as I normally catch the train, or use P&R, to go to the Amex. So if anyone can come up with advice, information, or an opinion regarding this facility I would be grateful. Cheers!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I walk past the Bridge car park when leaving the ground, and there is always a long que of cars waiting to get out the car park. Recommend you park as close to the entrance/exit as you can.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Buy online and print out your ticket ..cost £12
As the poster above says park as close to exit as possible if you want a 'quick' getaway.
Or leave the game early
Or have a pint of orange juice in the concourse after the game and tootle down there 30 mins or so later.
It's about 15 mins walk

Hope that helps.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
For the upcoming Nottingham Forest game I have to sort out a car parking pass for my son-in-law's parents. This is unknown territory for me as I normally catch the train, or use P&R, to go to the Amex. So if anyone can come up with advice, information, or an opinion regarding this facility I would be grateful. Cheers!

I have used it but prefer to walk. If you want to get away early, then there is really is no alternative but to skip out a few minutes before the end, and really move to get there, and even then get close to the one exit point. Afterwards, i.e if you stay to the end of the match, applaud the team off and walk back at a normal pace, the traffic gets stopped for the thousands walking, and all the cars are making for the exit, to say nothing of the narrow bridge, and then the lights afterwards. I really would not recommend it, particularly as it £15.00 for the privilege. They might prefer to stay on the concourse for 30 minutes or so and then this should be OK.

A better option would be to go to Mithras House down the Lewes Rd and then either walk (40 minutes) or get on the free buses provided. After the match, it might still be that they would have to wait by the bus park, if they have stayed to the end, but it is at least free.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Easy to get into but a nightmare to get out. I use it when I go with my daughter and mum.

Despite the long queue to get out I'd recommend it. A lot more comfortable means of getting away from the stadium. I always call the ticket office and they send the parking permit to straight to whoever will be driving. Always had excellent service when doing this.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Always use it for evening games.
Get there about 6.30-6.45 ish and hang around after the game for about half an hour and there's usually not a problem.
And it's £12 if you book on-line and print at home. It's £15 if you pay when you get there.

el punal

Any reason why they won't use the park and ride?

No reason whatsoever. If I'm not catching the train for Albion games I use the P&R at Mithras House which is fine. I just wanted to know if the Bridge car park was a better option for the "newbies" than the P&R sites. From the posts so far received I feel that Mithras House is probably the best bet. Thanks everyone for your input.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have tried trains and park and ride. Last year found best. Drive to Patcham park off Carden Avenue. Seagull travel coach picks up in Carden Ave or Withdean about 45mins before kick off. Returns half hour after game. Cost about £3.50/4 but good value with guarenteed seat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No reason whatsoever. If I'm not catching the train for Albion games I use the P&R at Mithras House which is fine. I just wanted to know if the Bridge car park was a better option for the "newbies" than the P&R sites. From the posts so far received I feel that Mithras House is probably the best bet. Thanks everyone for your input.

The only reason I asked was that I've used the Bridge Car Park once and it was a bugger to get out of plus it's a good 10/15 minute stroll to the ground.

Jul 7, 2003
The only reason I asked was that I've used the Bridge Car Park once and it was a bugger to get out of plus it's a good 10/15 minute stroll to the ground.

I parked there for one season and that was enough. If you get a useful/ interested set of stewards then it can be less chaotic but you still have the bottleneck at the bridge and traffic lights. If the stewards just stand around then it becomes a fractious free for all. That said, if you have young kids it is still better than queuing for a bus in the rain

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Last edited:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I used it once for a midweek match. It was an absolute nightmare to get out of and I vowed then I would never use it again.
We sat in the car until 11.15pm waiting to get out.
Mind you, if you like sitting in your car for what seems like eternity then it's not a bad option!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here