Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spot the mistakes

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dismal, isn't it? The writer claims to be from Portslade but doesn't seem to have got past Boundary Road very often.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What an appalling piece of writing.

Presumably it didn't do all that well in the GCSE English exam it was entered for?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Got as far as the picture caption:

"Starlings circle the i360 tower and the wreck of the West Pier on Brighton seafront"

Blimey those starlings must have 10 foot wingspans.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Boy oh boy,.that's some clunky writing going on there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Got bored. Gave up.

So did I - nearly fell asleep. The bits I did scan read highlighted how much better off the city must be that the author has decided to stay living in London. A UTL if you will.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It irritates me to read such ill informed drivel but what annoys me even more is this constant need to reference any comment on the city with 'I moved here x number of years ago'. I have news for you. No one cares, not one jot, that you came from London or some other northern shithole or how long you have lived here. Having only just had the sense to move here makes you no better or worse than a Brightonian, and definitely not entitled to some elevated opinion as to how things are done here...

As for this silly cow, her snobbery screams throughout the article shame her research wasn't as loud...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
“Hopefully, Brighton and Hove will take the i360 to their hearts in the same way that Londoners have taken the London Eye to theirs,”

Well I thought the Brighton Wheel (or whatever the correct term was) really improved the seafront. Shame we couldn't keep it. Politics eh?
She (I think) seemed to be trying far too hard with her descriptions. Frustrated novel writer.
As for the "Laines". Twice in one article! HB&B will have a fit.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Also manages to call the same Pier both the Palace Pier and Brighton Pier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here