Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Walk To The AMEX

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Looking for some advice, is there anywhere in an up to 2 ½ mile radius of the Amex where you can easily park and walk to the stadium? I normally park at Mill Road and get the park and ride (Drive in from West Sussex) but getting more frustrated with the busses and looking at alternatives. I like a good walk and a few miles wouldn’t hurt the waist line.

With all of this travel congestion could this also not be something the club could look at? Find a car park a couple of miles and encourage fans to walk etc.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Looking for some advice, is there anywhere in an up to 2 ½ mile radius of the Amex where you can easily park and walk to the stadium? I normally park at Mill Road and get the park and ride (Drive in from West Sussex) but getting more frustrated with the busses and looking at alternatives. I like a good walk and a few miles wouldn’t hurt the waist line.

With all of this travel congestion could this also not be something the club could look at? Find a car park a couple of miles and encourage fans to walk etc.

You can park at The Wild Park and walk. The nearest residential area to park is The Avenue, Lower Bevendean and then you can get a 25 bus to the stadium or a 25 minute walk.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Anywhere around Patcham or Hollingbury. I often park up near Asda on Crowhurst Road, take the bus to the bottom of Coldean Lane and walk to the stadium from there. After the game I can normally get back to the car quicker walking up Coldean Lane than waiting for a bus. There are quite a few car parking spaces on the hill coming down the side of Asda but they do tend to fill up early.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Industrial estate in Woodingdean - about 2.5 miles and nice path all the way alongside Falmer Road. Did it yesterday for the first time as I knew the trains were crap and it was great. Not so nice on a cold Tuesday night in February I doubt though (and no lighting). Was back at home quicker than my usual Lewes drive/train method.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I usually park at Mithras House at Brighton Univ. along the Lewes Road - the one designated for football traffic -and walk from there; 35 to 40 minutes depending on your waistline! If it is pouring down, then there is always the bus. Moulescoombe looks lovely in the summer! The trains would not seem to be running, barring common sense in the industry breaking out, for the first two matches, so you might have to be early -very early. Walking back, I am usually there with about 50% of the cars still in the car park, so the bus would not necessarily be quicker then.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Park at Mithras House park and ride, and walk along Lewes Road rather than catch a bus

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Is Coldean residentail parking? That seems pretty close. Thinking, coming from the West that Mithras House might be tough to get in and out of. Suppose everything is busy on a match day.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You could park at the Racecourse park and ride, then walk along the Juggs Way around the back of Woodingdean and join the path along the Falmer Road. A longer walk, but a nice one, and you'd have the option still of getting the bus if you can't face walking back.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Uni....quite far enough for me. Especially going back with a multitude of steps to climb. But not too far if the weather's shite. If it's not far enough, go back and do it again! :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Woodingdean Bexhill Road is about 1.8 miles to the Amex and takes 35 minutes. No lighting so try and avoid walking into the Falmer Road on the way back at 10 pm

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm afraid the Fiveways area is largely unavailable now as it's all residents' permit with only a very few pay 'n' display bays - and even then I don't think the time is long enough for a match. There's still some unregulated parking east of Fiveways down towards the Vogue Gyratory, so you can park in places like Stanmer Villas, Stanmer Park Road etc and then walk down to Sainsburys and pick up a 25 bus.

Parked at the upper lodges 35 minute stroll through the woods perfect!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some new Park and Rides appear to be sorely needed, certainly in the short term while using SASTA are not fit for purpose. The big and empty car park at Withdean springs to mind. As does the vast chronically-underused car park at the Southern Water Falmer site. The club could do far worse IMHO than try and buy that car park off SW. The huge majority of SW employees are based in Durrington nowadays. In fact would expect the whole SW Falmer site to be up for grabs sometime soon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As does the vast chronically-underused car park at the Southern Water Falmer site. The club could do far worse IMHO than try and buy that car park off SW. The huge majority of SW employees are based in Durrington nowadays. In fact would expect the whole SW Falmer site to be up for grabs sometime soon.

Wasn't that the intention when Falmer was first proposed? IIRC, Southern Water aren't selling

I certainly recall that there's some reason why we can't use it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here