Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway predicts automatic promotion

Stumpy Tim

Play-offs for us again I think. Norwich & Newcastle to take the top two. He's massively over-rated Leeds there, and I think they'll struggle. Fulham will do better than expected in my opinion

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
d75c996f8dc7203a6307c5446aa46e09.png

Chris hughton looks very different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bottom middle this season, somewhere in the 12th to 16th places.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
are leeds united really play off contenders? I remember hearing something about fans getting a % refund if they fail to reach the play offs. That would be quite funny.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If we can make the top six, with the present squad I would be amazed but delighted.
This year could be well worth watching, lots of decent teams in with a chance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And correct IMO.
Cannot understand how the bookies have installed them as 2nd favourites.

They really, really don't have the look of a side up for a battle.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They really, really don't have the look of a side up for a battle.

Nope, they don't at all. Relegated with barely a whimper. That squad is in desperate need of a complete overhaul, but with the ridiculous wages that bunch of failures are on, they'll struggle to shift them. That new Chinese owner made various promises when he took over about giving RDM up to £50m to spend. So far they've signed a Gollini, a young Italian striker from Verona (28 games, 1 goal), and Aaron Tshibola (??) from Reading, who didn't even play last season, both undisclosed fees.

I rate Gestede, he's a good striker at this level and did well at Blackburn, but other than him, I can't see them being anywhere near good enough to challenge for anything this season. Midtable at best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume you think we are going to suffer with injuries or sell players ?
I just can't see the team scoring the goals needed to be top half.

Sure people can kid themselves everything will be ok because 'we were top scorers last season'.
But that only works if you omit the fact that the team scored 20 goals in 5 separate drubbings, and could only beat 1 top 6 side all season.

There's no reason to think the defence won't once again be rock solid.
So the team are all set for another similar season of too many draws, 17 last season (one off the highest of 18).
But this time, in front of goal, they are going to be so one dimensional the winning goal will be harder to find.

All of this changes with the signing of THE striker.
I think the team would be almost unstoppable with the inclusion of a quick, powerful, proven goalscorer.
But the nearer we get to the season the less confidence I have in the final (and most expensive) piece of the jigsaw arriving.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Holloway's call on Villa is about right. I think they will get better in the 2nd half of the season, but they won't finish above halfway.

I'm surprised he thinks Norwich will finish as high as he does. It sounds to me like they have financial problems to contend with, they've lost Nathan Redmond and now they have appointed Jez Moxey fresh from his departure from Wolves. Not sure that bodes well.

I think Fulham and Brentford will do better than Holloway has said. Fulham have shown some encouraging signs in their pre-season results (not a precise science admittedly) while Brentford showed some good form towards the end of last season and I certainly don't see them as relegation material.

I think Blackburn could be looking over their shoulder having appointed Owen Coyle who has been a disaster in the last couple of jobs he's taken and having sold their best defender Grant Hanley to Newcastle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here