Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans leaving early, Waxxers, obviously.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pre season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

I informed him that forty years of supporting the Albion would suggest that I do have some degree of loyalty. His response was to offer me a fight! I walked up the stairs towards the exit laughing and offering the obligatory finger.

Gotta laugh I guess?

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pretty season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

I informed him that forty years of supporting the Albion would suggest that I do have some degree of loyalty. His response was to offer me a fight! I walked up the stairs towards the exit laughing and offering the obligatory finger.

Gotta laugh I guess?

I'm really sorry I was so aggressive. I was angry about the white backs on the shirts.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pretty season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

Gotta laugh I guess?

he must know you from somewhere

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Well, this chat must have been very confused as the ref blew-up before 90mins was actually on the clock. I guess that makes all 9,000 fans there today dis-loyal as we all would have started to leave before the game technically should have finished!

Either way, ignore this chap, it was a pre-season friendly so it does not matter at all so let him get all upset for quite frankly no reason at all!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I left on 80 too as otherwise it was a 45 minute wait for the next train, with a 5 year old.

And that's just for a quarter-full pre-season friendly. Beggars belief what it'll be like for a proper competitive match. Any limited SASTA train capacity will be quickly gobbled up completely by the early leavers. Nobody else will stand a chance. Mind you, the early leavers will have to leave so early that they might as well get off the train, walk over the bridge, then get the first train going back the other way :lol:

Stumpy Tim

And that's just for a quarter-full pre-season friendly. Beggars belief what it'll be like for a proper competitive match. Any limited SASTA train capacity will be quickly gobbled up completely by the early leavers. Nobody else will stand a chance. Mind you, the early leavers will have to leave so early that they might as well get off the train, walk over the bridge, then get the first train going back the other way :lol:

Back to Mill Rd Park & Ride for me. The trains really are an utter shambles though

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I also decided to forego the last ten minutes of watching the substitutes run around - I'd seen what I wanted to see - and definitely did not want the train nonsense on the way home too.

On the way to Falmer there's a train at 14.17 from Brighton - it was full with a crowd of hundreds still waiting. The next train is 14.47 allowing just about enough time to make kick-off but with a terminally mind-numbing 30 minute wait in the cattle pens at Brighton Stn. I'm astonished really that even with the general hopelessness of Southern and the Albion managment apparently incapable of making them think differently, why not put on an extra 3 coach !! train at around 14.30 just to ease the boredom, the burden, and make life simple for fans encouraged to avoid personal transport. Football fans really are taken for mugs these days I feel.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pre season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

Gotta laugh I guess?

You have supported for many years and so have I.
As far as i am concerned many of our fans have been like this since the Goldstone (east terrace at least) the constant stupid moaning for any reason, ridiculous comments and antagonistic comments towards other fans, it has always made my piss boil.
I have been to many other grounds in with the home fans, in all divisions and i have never heard anything like it on the level that Brighton fans do it.
I do not leave early (except the 5-0 at Palace and Brentford a few seasons ago when i got thrown out) but due to the train situation even before Southerns problems you sort of understand a few leaving early and even if they do, so what, you do what you want (although if the game is very close within 1 goal I struggle to understand it)
I would prefer people got behind the players and help create an atmosphere for 80 minutes than moan and whinge for 90.
The fact that it was a friendly and the trains are appalling it only confirms how stupid many Brighton fans can be.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Feels like a confession box, this.

I'm happy to come clean and confess that we left around 86-87 minutes to miss the worst of the queueing in The Bridge car park. We were in Wagamama well before 5:30pm so it was clearly the right thing to do.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Well, this chat must have been very confused as the ref blew-up before 90mins was actually on the clock. I guess that makes all 9,000 fans there today dis-loyal as we all would have started to leave before the game technically should have finished!

Either way, ignore this chap, it was a pre-season friendly so it does not matter at all so let him get all upset for quite frankly no reason at all!!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

89.57 seconds the ref blew and I complained to my mate the prick hasn't added extra time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It was a pre season friendly I just thought that those that left early were just getting match fit for the Forest game when more will be leaving early as usual and tiday was just an exercise to ensure all the short cuts were still available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here