Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New strip causing problems?

Orson Cart

Oct 10, 2012
I thought the new strip did us no favours today. The plain white on the back means the player on the ball is now looking for either a blue and white stripe, or a white backed shirt to pass to. Which involves a bit of brain processing, which takes time - and we don't have spare time. Pretty sure I saw several passes to the other side as a result. Is that why we switched to the away shirt at half time? Is it too late to redesign it?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I thought the new strip did us no favours today. The plain white on the back means the player on the ball is now looking for either a blue and white stripe, or a white backed shirt to pass to. Which involves a bit of brain processing, which takes time - and we don't have spare time. Pretty sure I saw several passes to the other side as a result. Is that why we switched to the away shirt at half time? Is it too late to redesign it?

Not sure however it really looks like two strips...one for attacking one for defending!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why the need to redesign it? Lazio should have worn a different colour kit

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Surely you can only guess why passes went astray.....but re the strip ..my personal opinion is a thumbs down

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015

I don't think it is possible for the club to re-design the strip now anyway, after all the shirt sales and the massive amount that they will have stocked up for players & fans it would financially set the club back.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I don't think it is possible for the club to re-design the strip now anyway, after all the shirt sales and the massive amount that they will have stocked up for players & fans it would financially set the club back.

After the Southampton debacle, did Man United ever wear that grey strip again? Remind me how much we would gain by getting promoted offset against the hit taken against having a re-designed shirt?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club really doesn't think these things through. Sitting in WSL today, couldn't help but notice that a significant number of fans in the ESL opposite were decked out in last season's Steward-Luminous-Green top. Nothing wrong with that of course. Unless you happen to be trying to find a steward.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I found it hard to watch in the first half at times - two teams wearing blue basically which probably required the half-time change. From behind it was definitely hard to pick players out.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The club really doesn't think these things through. Sitting in WSL today, couldn't help but notice that a significant number of fans in the ESL opposite were decked out in last season's Steward-Luminous-Green top. Nothing wrong with that of course. Unless you happen to be trying to find a steward.

Is it down to Nike telling the club, or the club telling Nike? I reckon it's biased towards Nike.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Is that any different to last years Blue & White stripes with a Blue back?

I found it hard to watch in the first half at times - two teams wearing blue basically which probably required the half-time change. From behind it was definitely hard to pick players out.

The half-time change was shirley nothing more than a promotional stunt for the start-of-season New Kit sales push?

matt

Mar 19, 2007

I agree. Obviously the Lazio blue didn't help but the white back is very difficult to pick out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely it was only a problem today because the white back is not massively dissimilar to the Lazio baby blue. I mentioned it before kick-off - I was surprised to see Lazio in their home shirts.

You'd like to think that in a competitive match, those two kits would not have been allowed together.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Both new kits are shite! Having a black away kit means we will be playing in the dull red kit more times whilst away this year due to colour clashes!

Newcastle away game being one. As they wear black shorts, I'm presuming that we'll need to wear the red third choice top with the home blue shorts and socks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surely it was only a problem today because the white back is not massively dissimilar to the Lazio baby blue. I mentioned it before kick-off - I was surprised to see Lazio in their home shirts.

You'd like to think that in a competitive match, those two kits would not have been allowed together.

This. Anyway, I bloody love the new black shirt

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Isn't it nice that we're having the same postings from 2008/09 when we last had the "two kits" comments. "One for attacking, one for defending". Literally quoting 8 years ago.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
After the Southampton debacle, did Man United ever wear that grey strip again? Remind me how much we would gain by getting promoted offset against the hit taken against having a re-designed shirt?

Are you suggesting that the reason we might not get promoted, is because we are wearing a strip that you don't think cuts the mustard?

Oh please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here