Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where does the best pint of Gunness in Brighton

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If the pubs are maintaining the pipes, it should all taste exactly the same.

Properly maintained lines should be a given, unfortunately this isn't always the case.
With Guinness a modicum of care in the pouring does make a difference. All that rigmarole of pouring 3/4s, letting it settle and topping up with the pump in the forwards position doesn't fundamentally change the product but does mean that it has a proper head which is essential to a good pint of Guinness.

Yes, I am this boring.

Oh, and the aficionados that drink in The Coopers Cask tell me that ours is spot on.

.....but we're in Hove.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Properly maintained lines should be a given, unfortunately this isn't always the case.
With Guinness a modicum of care in the pouring does make a difference. All that rigmarole of pouring 3/4s, letting it settle and topping up with the pump in the forwards position doesn't fundamentally change the product but does mean that it has a proper head which is essential to a good pint of Guinness.

Yes, I am this boring.

Oh, and the aficionados that drink in The Coopers Cask tell me that ours is spot on.

.....but we're in Hove.

A fine Pub and the pint i had in The Coopers NYE was top notch.

Jul 7, 2003
Go to Brewdog and have a pint of "jet black heart" instead. Much better stout than Guiness.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't think you drank that stuff?

Well, it's an acquired taste to be sure, [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Acquired after many years of having to assume the role of plastic paddy at major football tournament finals. Oh, and on St. Guinness Day. Obviously. Especially where massacres of CP are involved...

379_10151384227612763_1230521003_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here