Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hockenheim GP (German)

Rosberg on pole , Lewis starts second.

Will Lewis get another lightning start and beat the German at his home GP.

On the subject of the German GP, I know they alternate between here and the Nurbergring but as the latter pulled out of hosting last year does this mean we only get a German every other year or will Hockenheim host every year now?

As an aside, I would love to see Hockenheim reinstate the forest section past the Jim Ckark memorial..

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Hoping for a fast start by Hamilton and get the lead early on. Rosberg is on dangerous if he is out in front and can build a lead.

There will only be a German GP every two years because of the Nurbergring pulling out. Looks like we may be losing Monza soon too, Ecclestone talking to Imola.

No chance of the old section being reinstated. Sky showed it last night, gone back to forest. The JC memorial has been moved nearer the current track and they presented from there last night. Seems like a lot of fans still make a pilgrimage to the memorial.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very short run to the first bend apparently but opens up to a straight soon afterwards. We don't need Ricciardo or Vestappen getting between Lewis and Rosberg, or rather I don't, plenty will!

Gut feeling that Rosberg will win this one.

Hoping for a fast start by Hamilton and get the lead early on. Rosberg is on dangerous if he is out in front and can build a lead.

There will only be a German GP every two years because of the Nurbergring pulling out. Looks like we may be losing Monza soon too, Ecclestone talking to Imola.

No chance of the old section being reinstated. Sky showed it last night, gone back to forest. The JC memorial has been moved nearer the current track and they presented from there last night. Seems like a lot of fans still make a pilgrimage to the memorial.

Shame that. Why did they remove that part of the track, was it safety reasons?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
AMAZING start from Hamilton, terrible for Rosberg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Call me biased but that overtake by Rosberg was much too aggressive on Verstappen forcing him right off the track.

Edit no so biased the stewards have given the German a 5 second penalty

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh **** off Rosberg you did exactly the same to Hamilton a couple of races ago. You are supposed to turn the wheel on a bend. Whinging German.

Rosberg is a fantastic test driver who consistently delivers lap times and analysis. When it comes to racecraft in the main event, he is clueless!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

He's definitely a great driver, but unfortunately for him Lewis is much better and he is now in full out panic mode.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Rosberg is a fantastic test driver who consistently delivers lap times and analysis. When it comes to racecraft in the main event, he is clueless!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I feel you do him a disservice, he was better than an ageing Schumacher when he was at Mercedes but he is nowhere near the quality of Hamilton. Alonso, IMO is the only driver in the same class at the moment.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its all over rated this formula 1 stuff. Put me in a Mercedes and I could beat all these other professional drivers as well.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I feel you do him a disservice, he was better than an ageing Schumacher when he was at Mercedes but he is nowhere near the quality of Hamilton. Alonso, IMO is the only driver in the same class at the moment.

On....er..... What basis? Alonso has been an also ran for many years now, arguably for the last decade. In what way would you consider him to be in the same league as Hamilton? Verstappen for me is the stand out, genuine class and if Red Bull can become even half again as quick as they are currently, then it could get interesting

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very short run to the first bend apparently but opens up to a straight soon afterwards. We don't need Ricciardo or Vestappen getting between Lewis and Rosberg, or rather I don't
Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you. I think that's exactly what we wanted.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you. I think that's exactly what we wanted.

I was happy with that, what I didn't want was Rosberg first and Hamilton 4th!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If the Red Bulls can get up to Mercedes speed consistently, we could see some SUPERB racing between Hamilton and Verstappen.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Hamilton doesn't even have to out qualify Rosberg now, he know's he has the sign over him and can get him on the first bend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here