Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains today

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's showing as pretty much a full service today between Brighton and Seaford. Is this factually correct anyone know?!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's showing as pretty much a full service today between Brighton and Seaford. Is this factually correct anyone know?!

Should be.

The bus replacement stuff is only Monday-Friday.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Should be.

The bus replacement stuff is only Monday-Friday.

Yes but there hasn't been a normal service on any day for months, with numerous cancelled services. There were up to two hours between Brighton - Falmer trains yesterday.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I think this depends on a number of variables including -

Is there a driver available?
Is there a conductor available?
Are any leaves on the line?
Has the wet weather caused problems on the line?
Has the sunny weather caused problems on the line?
Are any staff on strike today?
Have any frustrated passengers assaulted staff?
Has the train been cancelled without explanation?
Are you able to stand in cramped conditions during your journey?
Are you willing to accept a poor service for high cost in comparison?
Are you willing to accept that a refund is probably impossible if you feel that you have been provided with an unsatisfactory service?
Are you ready to receive abuse for giving up your seat to what you perceived to be a 'lady'?

Sorry just realised this isn't really providing an answer to your question - I would say there is a high degree of possibility that the service is not factually correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't forget 'sinkholes' under the track too...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm waiting for some muppet to blame the poor service on brexit or immigrants

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As its a nice day and I need the exercise, I'm going to park in Lewes and walk - it looks like the footpath goes all the way along the A27 so I won't chance the trains which are showing as once an hour from Polegate. Even before all of the shenanigans, a delayed train and a cancelled train made a 20 minute journey well over an hour for the Charlton beamback and I am not paying for that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As its a nice day and I need the exercise, I'm going to park in Lewes and walk - it looks like the footpath goes all the way along the A27 so I won't chance the trains which are showing as once an hour from Polegate. Even before all of the shenanigans, a delayed train and a cancelled train made a 20 minute journey well over an hour for the Charlton beamback and I am not paying for that.

Much better to walk over the downs via jugs lane.the walk along the A27 will do you more damage from pollution than you will benefit from the exercise.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Much better to walk over the downs via jugs lane.the walk along the A27 will do you more damage from pollution than you will benefit from the exercise.
I'll have a look - thanks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How long do you think a gentle stroll from the Juggs pub would take Notters? Are the paths easy to navigate?

i dont know this, but a quick look at google statelite shows "south downs way", i'd reckon its a fairly well trodden and posted path through the national park.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How long do you think a gentle stroll from the Juggs pub would take Notters? Are the paths easy to navigate?

We did it in an hour but that was a fair pace! Probably allow 2. The first part up to the top is quite strenuous but then it's all easy along the ridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here