Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

What has happened to Sussex CCC this summer?

0 Not allowed!
    Relegated in the championship and still have only managed one win so far in Div 2. Only one win in the one-day cup and bottom of the table. T20 won 5 lost 6.

Pretty awful. Seems like not too many seasons ago we were county champions.

Who or what is to blame?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Barber.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Extremely poor team is what's happened
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

0 Not allowed!
      Poor management leading a group of players with a batsman short! Actually, I'd say very poor management!

Sussex have been genuinely unlucky in some aspects of this season. Started off with an injury to captain Wright, and 'the Fizz' never turned up when he was needed. I think the original plan was get him in early, and replace Taylor with another overseas batter for the final 5 20/20 games. As for the Championship, 1 win doesn't do the team justice. They've done a lot better than that, and have yet to loose a game in that format. In the 50 over competition, Sussex have been pants for years. Still no excuses really, they have players good enough to win more than once.

As for the group of players Sussex have, they really are a batsman short. Bowling department looks very strong, as do the young players. In limited overs, not enough players to do the damage other than Wright and Nash. In the championship format, a lot of responsibility on Joyce to score runs. Finch and Wells look promising, but too many players don't preform on a consistent basis. Rumours of Joyce retiring / leaving Sussex too, so really need to get new batsmen in. Been a disappointing season from Machan and Brown too. 3 years ago, the future with those two looked a lot better than the reality of now!

Not all doom and gloom though! With Nash, Wright, Jorden and Mills at the club, we'll be a strong limited overs side again next season. And youngsters like Garton, Archer, Finch and Salt have excellent potential.
      WE ARE BRIGHTON
      Guy 'Tank' Butters Norman Baker suck my lozenge's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Barber out!
      Kiss Me Harty.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Extremely poor team is what's happened
      It's a team with some very exciting youngsters coming through. This should not be forgotten when assessing the curren campaign.
      Chris, can we have a word Don Tmatter's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Too much inexperience on & off the pitch, farce of a situation where Goodwin only available as batting coach for 3/4 months but hopefully Davis & Wright will learn from their mistakes, Rome wasnt built in a day.
      Thru thick & thin, we'll support you evermore
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhawoddy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's a team with some very exciting youngsters coming through. This should not be forgotten when assessing the curren campaign.
      Exciting in what way? They generally flatter to deceive.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Sussex are a mess. I wasted the day watching them today. I don't think the youngsters coming through are good enough. They're not mentally up to it - look at finch's dismissal today. The coaching is not Working - it needs some tough love. I'd put Adams in charge.
      Individually
      Joyce - great player and full of runs in the champ but only looks half interested.
      Salt, finch, machan, wells - this lot should be told only one of them will be retained. Create some hunger. They should be in no doubt they are fighting for their careers.
      Nash - lovely guy but last chance saloon
      Wright - he looks indecisive in the field . Is he enjoying the captaincy ? I wonder
      Brown - mediocre. Needs more pressure on his place
      Jordan - doubt he will be up for slumming it in div 2 for long
      Archer, Robinson, whiting ham - best of the talent coming through . But long way to go
      Hatchett - not good enough although maximum respect for what he has overcome
      Briggs - oh dear. He looks dire
      Beer - play him or get rid
      Shahzad - lost his zippiness. Average
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV