Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five years ago today

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I watched the opening ceremony of the Amex and then a friendly against Spurs.

It started off with the enveiling of a Memorial Board in Hove Park opposite the Goldstone.
DSCF0015.JPG

Then onto the Amex and the band playing Sussex by the Sea

DSCF0020.JPG

Old and new chairmen.

DSCF0024.JPG

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

It started off with the enveiling of a Memorial Board in Hove Park opposite the Goldstone.
View attachment 76854

View attachment 76855

Old and new chairmen.

View attachment 76856

Thanks for this - incredible to think that it is 5 years ago. Soppy, as it sounds, I still get emotional at the Amex when the crowd is really behind the team, as happened so often last season. 4 of the 5 seasons have been brilliant and I see no reason why the coming one will be any different. Yes, it does seem somewhat flat at present, but with a few decent signings, which I am sure will come to strengthen an already very sound squad, then off we go again . .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The start of the Community Stadium and, in my opinion, the end of a club for the community.

Just as well as everything quite rightly changed for the better, just look at the quality of players we have had in the Amex era

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

View attachment 76854

View attachment 76855

Old and new chairmen.

View attachment 76856

I remember the walk well. I'm in your third photo, think a Tottenham fan was next to me for that game, he seemed very pleased to let me know when they made it 3-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here