Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky and the new season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the season fast approaching I am looking for a pub to watch the away games that are on Sky starting with Newcastle. I would imagine most that have sky and food will be busy. Looked at The Grenadier at Hangleton or a few in and around London Rd do they get very busy? Would think those in Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill do?
Any suggestions?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With the season fast approaching I am looking for a pub to watch the away games that are on Sky starting with Newcastle. I would imagine most that have sky and food will be busy. Looked at The Grenadier at Hangleton or a few in and around London Rd do they get very busy? Would think those in Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill do?
Any suggestions?

https://pubfinder.sky.com/

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Have you ever had Sky? If so do you still have the dish up? If so, use the above Amazon link and buy yourself a Zgemma box.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any suggestions?

I couldn't recommend The Grenadier - so rough that they have door staff even at lunch time. Last time I went there to watch the football there was a good old fashioned punch up ! Food's pretty poor as well. Phone The Neville and see if they are showing the match - a very nice pub.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Shame. The Zgemma box would save you a small fortune.

I'll plead ignorance ... are you saying you can get Sky Sports with this box? Or any other Sky channels? I've just ditched Sky, but never had the sports or movies.

On the other hand, my local sports bar sells beer at £1.99 a pint.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'll plead ignorance ... are you saying you can get Sky Sports with this box? Or any other Sky channels? I've just ditched Sky, but never had the sports or movies.

On the other hand, my local sports bar sells beer at £1.99 a pint.

It's a free to air box *cough* I can't condone any person that uses the box for any other purpose *cough* *cough* :thumbsup:

Why not buy a Now TV pass for 6.99 (24 hours) or 10.99 (7 days) and watch it on your PC? I'm not 100% but you may be able to watch it via a tablet as well.

That's what I did for the Shef Wed away leg and plan to do for most televised away games this season. Plus the odd day of test cricket.

Not the same atrmosphere as a pub but more comfortable and cheaper than buying a couple of pints in a boozer. Works on the TV if you have Freeview and a smart TV

Plus you get to see whatever else you want for the other 22 hours

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Any suggestions?
come to savannah I'll buy you a pint and I won't mention Wetherspoons 😜⚽

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here