Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion ace respects contract situation [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Beram Kayal has pledged to "respect" the year remaining on his Albion contract.
The Israeli midfield star is grateful for the way the club has helped rejuvenate his career and wants to repay them by making amends for missing out on promotion last season.
Kayal and central partner Dale Stephens are both out of contract next summer.
Albion are trying to negotiate new deals with the influential pair but face a fight in particular to retain Stephens.
They have turned down three bids from Burnley, the latest around £5 million, plus another from a Championship rival.
Earlier in the summer, the Seagulls rejected a £5 million offer from Crystal Palace for centre-half Lewis Dunk.

The Argus has today revealed a substantial bid from Newcastle for winger Anthony Knockaert has also been snubbed.
While Knockaert, Stephens and Dunk have been the focus of transfer interest, reports linking Kayal with a move away have been contrastingly conspicuous by their absence.
His name was mentioned in connection with Hull towards the end of Steve Bruce's reign as manager, although he was not thought to be high on Bruce's lists of targets.
Kayal told The Argus: "I have one year left on my contract and I need to respect it, to enjoy the moment, to do everything I can for the club because the club has given me everything.
"Everyone knows in football you never know about the future but at the moment I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion player, I'm happy here. We'll see but I'm happy to stay here."
There are no guarantees all the while the transfer window is open. Circumstances can change from one minutes to the next, yet alone day to day.
Kayal (below), however, clearly appreciates the new lease of life provided by his switch to Albion 18 months ago from Celtic, where he was hampered by injury problems.
3496863.jpg
He has already made almost as many league starts as he managed in four-and-a-half years with the Glasgow giants.
Kayal, at 28 in the prime years of his career, was involved in 45 of Albion's 48 Championship games last season, including the play-offs.
His performances earned him the player of the season accolade from supporters, despite stiff competition from Bruno, David Stockdale and Stephens. Now he wants to build on that injury-free campaign.
"It has put me in a good place," he said. "I feel much better, more confident, happy. I'm looking forward to the new season and doing my best for the club, for the team."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here